DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Challenging the Summer Heat
Feature
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by snotflower

With the second half of the year starting last month, we've been getting exciting new updates rolling in. The House Cup has been reset, new maps have rotated into use for your favourite minigames, and of course, a new Arena season has started. I have been a long time reviewer for the recent Arena seasons, and I'll be frank: this is probably my favourite one this year. The reason being that the Arena team has released a new Challenge type! But before we get into that, let's look at everything else, shall we?

First up on our list is the new Dueling Halls! After hearing the feedback from the community, the Arena team has been working with the Build team to create some exciting and fun new arenas. Their two new maps are named the Space Arena and the Submerged Arena, though you can rest assured that they are planning more for the future!

In addition to these new builds, the Arena team has updated the Arena hub. Flowers have bloomed everywhere, and even butterflies have come out! If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you take a peek! You'll be sure to adore it.

Next up is the new content for the Arena Token shop and the Arena Discord's #Arena-101. Like usual, the Token shop won't be updated until mid-season, but there are big plans for #Arena-101. This season, they'll be focusing on guides related to counters, healing, gear, flying, and their new Challenge. Speaking of…

The Arena team has premiered a new seasonal challenge: Rafting! In this challenge, players compete against each other while sailing on rafts. The main reason for its addition was due to Season 3 being the only season a seasonal Challenge was hosted. The other seasonal Challenges are Plasma Showdown and Star Racing, hosted at the end of quarter two, and Sledding, hosted in December and January. Rafting will be the new summer Challenge and will be hosted in July and August. It creates a trio with the other similar Challenges, Star Racing and Sledding.

While the Challenges may seem similar to an infrequent Arena attendee, they have key differences between them. The start speed, turn speed, and player position varies for each vehicle. If you want to learn more, I suggest checking out the announcement post here. Though there are no Rafting Challenges on the schedule, keep your eyes peeled for a surprise or Mystery Challenge. You won't regret checking it out!

To wrap up this release, the Arena team has introduced some new changes to their protocol regarding Challenges and Tournaments. These changes mainly surround players leaving competitions mid-game and how those situations will be dealt with. If you often find yourself attending Arena events, I suggest checking out these new rules.

If you haven't read it over, I recommend reading the Season 3 Release post. I have been enjoying all the releases so far, and I hope I get a chance to try out Rafting soon. As always, thank you to the Arena team for this fantastic release. May you all have a magical day and enjoy the rest of our August issue!

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Autumn Accessories
Editorial
Written by MintyEagle
Edited by littledead

Good day, magicians, and welcome back to the Daily Diviner! Every month the Store team releases new in-game accessories that players can purchase. For August, we got the Harvest Store Releases, featuring a bunch of nature-themed items. With that, there are many things to do with them.

Included in the release is an assortment of different accessories. There are two new pets, including the beautiful blue Pet Butterfly and the mighty Pet Falcon. Pets are a great addition to the Potterworld experience, as they give you a companion for all your magical endeavours! Along with the new pets is the adorable Bear Ears hat. This hat gives you all the cute vibes needed for the start of the chilly season. Next is the Fruit Basket Warp Key, which is perfect to show off the plentiful end-of-summer harvest. Finally, you can also ride away on the giant Sunflower Broom!

As the Harvest Release is outdoor-themed, there are so many ways to mix and match your items. For example, the Nature Bundle includes the Faun and Frog hats, making your outfit more mystical. Plus, both the Woodland and Bonfire Bundles include other pets and hats to mix in perfectly with your other accessories. Don’t forget the Pet Bear Cub to match with your new Bear Ears hat. You can even match your new Pet Butterfly with a pair of wings of your own with the Fairy Wings Bundle!

With every new store release, there are new ways to creatively add flair to your character. No matter if you choose one item or buy the whole set, there is no way you can go wrong. Thank you to the Store team for creating the new items, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll do in the future. Until then, thanks for reading the Daily Diviner, and we’ll see you in the next edition!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Spellcasting 101
Server Spotlight
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by Immites

As we have all attended Hogsworth, I have no doubt that casting even the simplest of spells is a daily occurrence for each of us. In fact, it would be outrageous for us to not use our wands every day. Unfortunately, although we may use our magic without hesitation, the wide range of spells and how they work can be difficult to understand. At school, we only learn about spells, how to cast them, and their history. Whilst I am no master sorcerer, I have completed a vast amount of research to help you better understand spellcasting. Yes, it consists of some learning before term starts on September 1, but trust me — it will be worth your time.

To begin, let's answer the simplest question: what are spells? As even the newest student knows, spells are bursts of magic channeled through wands. There are a plethora of spells, ranging from Transfiguration to Cosmetic to Healing.

There are five major groups of spells: Charms, Curses, Defensive, Jinxes, and Transfiguration. These spell types are then sorted again into how you use them, some examples being Combat, Mobility, and Utility. Spells can do a variety of things, such as create new life, curse an area of land, or even enhance the caster's abilities. There are truly no limits to what magic can do.

In order to learn new spells, you must attend classes or explore the world to gain experience. More often than not, upon leveling up, you will learn a new spell. It is important that whenever you learn a new spell that you open your inventory and hover over the spell. In doing so, you can learn its key information.

However, spells are not the only way to gain power. Another important aspect of utilising magic is wearing gear. You receive your first gear pieces during First Year as you complete lessons and learn your way around the castle. Although gear can seem trivial at first, as you progress, you will learn how important it is to wear more formidable gear pieces.

Gear pieces can drop from any type of mob, although this is somewhat rare. When this happens, you will receive a gear recipe, and upon opening it, you will obtain a random gear piece. The recipe dropped depends on the level of the defeated mob. For example, Nifflies are Level 26 mobs and drop Level 20 recipes, which give Levels 20 to 29 gear.

The first thing to notice when obtaining a new gear piece is what level it is. The higher the level, the better the stats. However, the second thing to consider is its rarity. A gear piece’s rarity is shown by the colour of its name; common pieces are grey, while legendary pieces — the best rarity — are orange. Even if you have a piece that is a higher level than the one you currently have, if the rarity is better than the new one, it may have better stats.

Upon graduation, you will start paying more attention to the stats of the pieces you obtain. Different pieces will give you different stat boosts. For example, some may boost Defensive spells, while others boost Curses. Each piece gives you a different amount of health as well. As you start to become the witch or wizard that you want to be, you will find the perfect balance between the gear that you use and the spells that you cast.

The last important thing to keep in mind is Talents. Upon reaching Levels 16, 31, 51, 61, and 71, you will gain a new Talent tier, with five different levels of magic in total. There are three different types of Talents: Duelist, Mediwizard, and Transfigurer. Duelist tiers focus on spell upgrades, boosting anything from cooldowns to damage. Mediwizard focuses on preparing the caster on being able to heal and help their friends. And finally, Transfigurer concentrates on Defensive spells and caters to everyday magic users.

When it comes down to it, whatever kind of witch or wizard you are is up to you. There is no one stopping you from being the best at Jinxes or focusing entirely on Healing spells. All it takes is time and effort to train yourself to become someone the history books will remember. Remember, there is no one who can stand in your way. I hope you all managed to learn something new and will be able to put this knowledge to good use. With that, I wish you a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Book Recommendations
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by bluecherub

Hello dear readers of the Daily Diviner, and welcome to the Lifestyle section of this issue. Today I will be offering you book recommendations which have been cultivated to fulfil every genre craving!

Let’s get started with our first category: Romance. This genre is well-known and is often mixed with other genres. I decided to include countless popular romance books since they are still worth a reread for experienced romance readers!

The first romance on my list is The Notebook, written by Nicholas Sparks. The story follows Noah Calhoun and Allie Nelson, who meet and fall in love in 1940. It spans across five decades as their love endures several obstacles.

The second book I suggest is The Summer I Turned Pretty, written by Jenny Han. This book is part of a series in which the main character, Isabel “Belly” Conklin, who is about to turn sixteen, reunites with Susannah Fisher and her two sons, Jeremiah and Conrad. It follows the children’s summer, during which they live in their beloved childhood beach house.

The fourth and last book for the romance category is To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, also written by Jenny Han. The book follows a girl named Lara Jean Covey who writes secret, soul-baring letters to her five crushes, but never sends them. Her little sister finds them and sends them out, changing Lara’s life.

The next category will include a combination of two genres which complement each other well: Horror and Thriller. I picked one book in Horror and two Thriller books. Let’s start with the horror book, shall we?

Something Wicked This Way Comes, written by Ray Bradbury, is a renowned classic. Ray Bradbury writes about two best friends, Jim Nightshade and William Halloway, and their nightmarish experience with a travelling carnival that comes to their Midwestern home. Over the course of the plot, the boys learn to combat both the ghoulish carnival figures and their fear itself.

In the Thriller section, we have A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, written by Holly Jackson. The book is about a girl named Pippa who chooses to make a study of a local murder case for her final project at school. The body was never found, and Pippa suspects that it was not an open-and-shut case.

One of Us Is Lying, written by Karen M. McManus, tells the story of five Bayview High School students in detention. When one of them suddenly dies while the teacher is out of the room, the four remaining students become suspects, especially given each of the four have motives.

The last genre is Fantasy, one that I absolutely love. It can be mixed with a number of genres, and it encourages your imagination to run free.

The first book is another great classic: The Hobbit! It was written by J.R.R Tolkien, who later wrote the sequel series, Lord of the Rings. There are several award-winning movies to watch after you finish the books! The book is set in Middle-earth and follows a Hobbit named Bilbo Baggins. He joins the wizard Gandalf and thirteen dwarves on a quest to reclaim the dwarves’ home from the dragon Smaug.

Six of Crows is written by Leigh Bardugo. It is a hell-raising story which follows Kaz Brekker and his crew as they attempt to pull off an impossible heist.

The Final Empire, the last book I will be talking about today, is written by Brandon Sanderson. It is the first book of the Mistborn series which spins the tale of a subjugated people known as the Skaa and their fight for freedom against a seemingly invincible god known as the Lord Ruler.

Thank you all for reading this issue and this article! I hope you found a book, or a type of book that you look forward to delving into. My favourite category and book on this list are definitely Romance and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. I hope you have a great day, and I will see you in the next issue!

Status