DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Daily Diviner - Issue 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABLE OF

CONTENTS

Feature

Editorial

Server Spotlight

Lifestyle

Honeybadgers Triumph
Feature
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by snotflower

Hello readers! Welcome back to the Feature column of the Daily Diviner. With the third quarter of 2023 having come to a close, Hogsworth’s Head Staff announced each house’s placement.

In fourth place, the Griffins amassed a total of 4,665 House points. In third place, the Ravens collected 6,279 House points. For second place, the Serpents accumulated a total of 9,252 House points. Honeybadgers took the lead, earning a total of 10,289 House points. Since the announcement, Honeybadgers can be seen partying with Chunky Charles at the Honeybadger House Cup.

In the midst of the celebration, we asked Honeybadger student lividk and Honeybadger Staff members M_Engel and SubtleAsh404 to comment on the Honeybadgers and their recent victory.

How would you describe what it is like to be a Honeybadger?
lividk: It's very comforting because of the trust I have with the people, we're all very loyal and hyping each other up all the time, and I think that's beautiful.
M_Engel: It's hard to share in words. Honeybadger is a house that we share with other friendly people that we meet and greet along our journey at Hogsworth. A house that doesn't have an active player base, yet together the strength increases. I can always count on other Honeybadgers, both the students and the common room. We share our best and the worst moments together.
SubtleAsh404: To me, being a Honeybadger is to be a part of a house that values kindness, fairness, and loyalty above all else! We may not be acknowledged as much as other houses, but we are just as important! To Honeybadgers, it is important to make sure that everyone is treated equally, and with respect, and we will always be there to make sure it happens! We may not seem as courageous as others, but we will fight for what we believe in! And we believe that everyone is important and worthy of standing up for. Personally, I am very proud to be a part of such a great house, and all the kind souls within it!
What do you like about being a Honeybadger?
lividk: The community? We are all nice to each other and it's fun and exciting to see how dedicated so many of us are at Wizard’s PE, classes in general, and gaining House points so we can celebrate a victory. The people overall are just kind and amazing.
M_Engel: Being a Honeybadger is belonging to a house with others who share similar interests and values. Kind, Loyal, yet fair during competitions. That's what I like the most. Each time I log in, I can see them again. Doing chest runs together. Attending together in classes, or even just small chatting.
SubtleAsh404: Knowing I have lots of kind and helpful housemates and also being in the same house as Newt Scamander and Nymphadora Tonks. They were some of my favourite characters!
What do you think of the recent Honeybadger victory? Do you think they have earned it? In what ways?
lividk: The Honeybadgers definitely earned the rightful spot as the House Cup victorian this quarter. They have been working so hard on getting enough House points, to not only win the House Cup but by a significant margin too. The dedication and hard working efforts from so many Honeybadgers is astonishing and impressive, and they deserve every right to that trophy and bragging rights.
M_Engel: It's a great moment where a lot of Honeybadgers united their strength to end Serpent's streak which at first seemed impossible because a lot of duellists and Staff resorted to the house. Even though most of us were aware that Serpent would win Arena-wise. We tried to focus on other parts where they weren't that great. For example, Chest runs, Voting, Minigames and getting O+’s. Those were some of the few ways we earned it. Winning the Rafting Tournament was also a huge help!
SubtleAsh404: Unless I'm misremembering, I believe it is the first victory we have had in a while! I'm very excited that we have finally won the House Cup and I'm extremely proud of everyone who contributed House points. I definitely think it was earned, especially with all the work some of my housemates put in. I mean, just look at the scoreboards in the Honeybadger House Cup area.
How do you think the Honeybadgers can maintain a lead in the future?
lividk: The consistency needs to be in place which can be obtained from hosting relevant classes that Badgers like. But I also think it's noticeable how Badgers keep themselves going by encouraging each other to keep going for House points, doing daily tasks, etc., so I'm sure that even if nothing changes, then we would all encourage each other to strive further for relevant tasks to achieve House points and a possible lead in the future.
M_Engel: Being MVP from Arena, or participate in Media's Giveaways are good ways to have a good boost to the start of the quarter. However, it's very hard to do it alone. We can only maintain first place if we work as a house, as a team. Make sure to care for your health, otherwise you’ll experience burnout!
SubtleAsh404: The best way to win the House Cup is to work as a team and have everyone contribute as many House points as they can! Different players have different strengths, and classes are one of the great ways Honeybadgers can use their skills to gain House points. I believe that if we work together and use our individual strengths to gain House points we will be able to add another House Cup victory to our list very soon!
What would you like to say to encourage other Honeybadgers in this upcoming season to win the House Cup?
lividk: Keep badgering, attend Wizard’s PE, do your dailies, train with the Alzarins in dueling to become the greatest, and earn HOUSE POINTS!
M_Engel: Even if you can't play for a lot of time, by simply /voting and doing a small chest run, or even trying to do dailies on Hide and Seek helps us a ton. At first, it might appear they aren't worth it, but how helpful they are! Attending classes and challenges even just casually are good ways to help us too, but most importantly, reporting bugs (either by creating tickets in-game or making a bug ticket on the website) or even being helpful to the new players are helpful as well! While earning House points is amazing, it's even more wonderful to welcome new players once they sort to our house!
SubtleAsh404: The House Cup is one of the best ways we can show the rest of the server that we are a united house that can use teamwork as well as our own unique skills to come out on top in this next quarter. I have all the confidence in my fellow Honeybadgers and I look forward to seeing us with the most House points by the end of December! Together we are strongest!
We also asked cxrlyyy and ElizabethTheToad to comment on the House Cup going to the Honeybadgers this season.

What do you like about being a part of your house?
cxrlyyy: Honestly? I like the community. The Ravens are supportive of each other when it comes to House points, and just gaining reputation for the house and it's amazing to see! As a lot of people know, I've taken a trip to multiple houses, and I always keep coming back to Ravens!! (Also the colour is really pretty)
ElizabethTheToad: Serpents on Potterworld are a super welcoming and nice community! It's nice to see people lift each other up in classes and challenges to do their best. Also, it may be a coincidence, but some of the people on Potterworld that I've grown closest to happen to be Serpents!
What do you think of the recent Honeybadger victory? Do you think they have earned it?
cxrlyyy: Oh 100%! Badgers have been working really hard. My alt is in Badgers and whenever I'm on, I'll see them working and reminding each other and it's great to see!
ElizabethTheToad: Totally! Honeybadgers always work super hard to get HP and their dedication got them the win. Personally, I've seen that Honeybadgers are always the ones going for O+’s and doing great in tournaments!
What would you like to say to encourage your house in the upcoming season to win the House Cup?
cxrlyyy: Honestly, just try your best. Winning the house cup isn't everything. It's having fun that matters most! Plus, Ravens are already the 15-time winners anyways gotta let others have a shot. :D
ElizabethTheToad: Hmm, I would say just try your best and try to find something to specialize in, whether it's competing in tournaments, doing dailies, or writing awesome assignments. At the end of the day though, winning isn't everything and every HP you earn is special. Plus, we have the coolest Common Room so we win anyway!
Congratulations to the Honeybadgers for winning the House Cup this season! Their hard work, patience, dedication, and loyalty have truly been well-earned through this achievement. I would like to give a special thanks to lividk, M_Engel, SubtleAsh404, cxrlyyy, and ElizabethTheToad for their time. Have a wonderful day and always remember to have courage and be kind! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

Comments

Status

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Spooky Season Has Hit the Store
Editorial
Written by Silquer
Edited by LMNJ

Hello dear readers, and welcome to the Editorial of our issue! For the past few months, the Store team has been working on some amazing new items that players can finally enjoy! With two new store releases and a related brand new in-game quest, our store is looking stronger than ever. Let’s explore the new releases, the intriguing new quest by the Game Design team, and what all of this could mean for the future of the store.

Firstly, two new store releases have come out between early September and now. The first of these released on September 16th were the Music & Autumn Emotes! Emotes are a fun way to interact with other players on the server, and to me, these new emotes are the perfect way to tune into the season with friends in-game. The Music Emotes includes “Guitar Solo”, “Harp Harmony”, “Karaoke Night”, “Share Earphones”, and “Songwriting”. These are perfectly tailored for the musically inclined. I myself will be trying out the “Karaoke Night” emote as soon as possible!

The second emotes released were the Autumn Emotes. These include “Carve a Pumpkin”, “Hold a Picnic”, “Jump in a Leaf Pile”, “Sit by the Fireplace”, and “Watch the Sunset”. These emotes have harnessed the vibes of autumn and I adore all of them. The emote “Carve a Pumpkin” is a favorite of mine; I have plenty of fond memories from my family's pumpkin carving days.

The second store release was the Enchanted Store Releases. This release focused on the mystical and the magical feel of the forest, lining up nicely with the new Nature’s Call Adventure organized by the Game Design team! There are two new types of pets: the new Pet Fairies and the Pet Mushroom. The Pet Fairy has gained some new colors and is now available for purchase in rainbow, yellow, green, pink and purple besides the classic blue. These lovely fairies can match nicely with whichever outfit you are wearing. We always love a good set of options!

The Pet Mushroom is equally adorable and ready to trek through the forest by your side. With a cute red hat and little arms and legs, your companion is ready for travel. Finally, if you want to upgrade your forest hikes, the new Woodland Circlet is available. I imagine that this graceful circlet can go with any fairy or magical outfit; I encourage you to mix and match. I certainly will!

New store releases are not all that has been happening on the server. The Game Design team also released an in-game quest, Melody on the Street, that closely matches the themes of the Music Emotes. You can enjoy this quest while using brand new emotes! This quest takes place in The Lucky Bard, a quaint music shop in Ireland just on the outskirts of the town. Inside is cozy decor and plenty of instruments, but your attention will be drawn to Ethan Handel, the shopkeeper there. Customers are scarce in this shop, and it is time to spread music to Ireland. Will you help Ethan bring music to Ireland? The coordinates to this melodious music store are 1095 70 7431.

It looks like the Store team is headed for big things as we enter the tail end of this year. I hope you are just as excited as I am for what the team has in store for us! I encourage you to appreciate all the hard work Staff has put in and partake in the quest. Have a lovely rest of autumn!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

The Lore of the Lore Team
Server Spotlight
Written by SnowyKitty
Edited by LMNJ

While it is a rather behind-the-scenes operation, the Lore team is one of the more iconic teams on Potterworld. As the name suggests, the Lore team handles the lore relating to the server. It is one of the three teams in the Game Design department, with the others being the Game Design and Engineer teams. While it may not seem like it, besides the Build team, you can find work from the Lore team the most in our content. Today, we will be talking more in-depth about the team and how to spot the lore they create!

The Lore team is composed of two roles, Lore Keeper and Lore Master; however, there are not many differing aspects between them. The most significant difference is that Lore Keeper is an introduction role, while Lore Masters are senior members who often lead projects within the team.

All members create lore and give feedback to other members’ write-ups. In fact, every month, Lore Keepers and Lore Masters create around 20 write-ups of new lore. Though they are able to come up with their own ideas, a lot of the content they create is a collaborative effort with other Staff teams. The majority of lore requests come from the Academics team – almost every class you attend will be about the content the Lore team created. Other teams, like Game Design, Scribe, and the Daily Diviner, are able to request lore as well, though it is not as common.

Other than requests, the Lore team will have a main project to work on. As I mentioned previously, these are normally led by Lore Masters, but their main responsibility is making sure all project members are meeting deadlines. These projects will focus on one section of content that has either not been expanded on or seems like an interesting topic to the team. Some main topic examples would be herbology, wandlore, or town information.

If you were hoping to read some of the Lore team’s many write-ups, the situation is rather unfortunate. Direct content from the Lore team is staff-only, minus the few books you can find in the Hogsworth library. You are always available to ask a Lore team member about official lore, but it is surprising how much lore you can find repurposed by other teams.

As mentioned earlier, the Academics team bases a lot of their content on Potterworld lore. Currently, most classes on the schedule are playable activities, but classes such as Magical Architecture, Magical Creature Studies, and Magical Geography are lore-based. However, there are always more lessons in the works!

Another popular location to find is on the Potterworld Wiki, which you can find here, The Scribe team manages the Wiki and contains the most readily available lore on the server. The Wiki is constantly being added upon, with updates focusing on adding new content and expanding on implemented pages. Currently, you can find detailed lore on magical creatures, NPCs, and Potterworld towns.

Game Design is another team that utilises lore in their content. You can find lore scattered throughout adventures, gauntlets, quests, and events, though the latter is where you will find the most. Most of this information pertains to the location of the event, but the star of the show is the annual Winter Waltz event. The Winter Waltz features lore from simple things like the foreign school’s Houses to classes that would be taught there.

If you think this all sounds like a blast, the Lore team is currently looking for new members! Since the Lore team is one of the writing teams found on Potterworld, the application is a joy to fill out as the bulk of the application is creating your own lore. The current prompts on the application are writing lore about a magical object, an original character, and a magical location. Do not be afraid to hold anything back – any member of the Lore team is bound to be insane in and outside of their write-ups.

The Lore team is a fun bunch of people, and Potterworld would not be anywhere near as exciting without them. As a Staff member on the Academics, Daily Diviner, and Game Design teams, I know I would certainly be at a loss without their amazing lore. With that, I send you out into the world to appreciate the Lore team’s beautiful lore. May you all have a magical day!

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

A Taste of Autumn
Lifestyle
Written by Creme_de_Creme
Edited by Immites

Hello readers! Welcome back to the Lifestyle column of the Daily Diviner. We are now in the midst of autumn, the season of corn mazes, pumpkin patches, the beginnings of sweater weather, and all apple, caramel, and pumpkin related foods! To get into the spirit of autumn, I am going to share with you some places to go for foods that will just melt in your mouth.

Our first stop is in London! Alton’s Famous Pumpkin Punch is true to the spirit of autumn and packs a flavorful punch. Not only does the drink contain wonderful flavors, but it also has many health benefits such as helping your digestive system, lowering cholesterol, and improving overall sleep and mood. The recipe itself is used by the one and only Enchanted Pumpkin Company located in Vertick Alley, London. This recipe has been in the Alton family since the 1900s. To begin, here is what you need: 2 cups of apple juice, 2 oz. of pumpkin purée, 1 tablespoon of sugar, ¼ tsp. of pumpkin pie extract, ¼ tsp. of vanilla. First, take all the ingredients and stir or blend together in a pitcher. Fill glasses with ice, and pour the blended mixture into the glasses. Stir once more before serving. Afterwards, it should be ready to enjoy!

Our next stop is in Antrum! In the famous mining town towards the northwestern coast, there is a shop run by Lucas Whitlock. He sells Crispy Chicken Drumsticks, BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, Classic Chicken Nuggets, Spicy Chicken Nuggets, and Breaded Chicken Nuggets. We asked Lucas for his recipe, but he was unwilling to part with it. Luckily, to experience such a scrumptious meal, all you need is 3 gold!

If you find yourself in a bit of trouble during your travels, stop by Squalus Ghostbusters Inc. Founded in 2003, they’ve been getting rid of unwanted ghosts, ghouls, and poltergeists for a few decades now. Ole’ Margo welcomes any and all cases, no matter how hard of a job it may seem.

These are just a small selection of buisnesses you can find across Potterworld. I hope you stay safe and have fun traveling to these places for a warm autumn treat. Bon appétit, everyone! This has been Creme_de_Creme reporting for the Daily Diviner.

The Daily Diviner

New Magician
Staff

Old Auralock Cases
Lifestyle
Written by whoohoo
Edited by littledead

Hello, readers of the Daily Diviner! Today, I will be talking about my experience of looking at old Auralock documents that were released to the public. I had gone to the library for the documents, spending hours finding the two I thought would be the most fascinating to talk about. Here is what I found.

The first one is called Owl Thief. This case is about an incident where the store owner of the Diagonal Lane Owl Emporium went to open their shop to see the door blown off the hinges and all the cages were open, with no owls in sight. The investigation continued for a week until it was labelled an unsolved case. This happened in October of 1981.

Other pet shop owners cast more protection spells on their own shops to make sure the criminal couldn’t strike them as well. When the news spread, people donated money to the owl shop owner, feeling bad about what had happened. The owner said they just wished for the thief to be caught.

I contacted an Auralock to ask about the copycats, given it was stated that teens tried to recreate the crime multiple times in the months after. The Auralock told me that all of them were caught, but that a teen called Kilkenny had been attacked when he tried to recreate the scene by an owl he was attempting to set free. The thief was sadly never found, and it is still a mystery to this day.

The second case is called Unknown Artefact Heist. In the summer of 2005, the biggest theft ever recorded was done by a group of three wizards. They managed to break into a vault of artefacts kept inside the bowels of the Ministry of Magicians. Items from all over the world, from dangerous to iconic, had been stolen. Among the items was Merlin’s Hat, and that information rocked the Ministry.

The investigation was launched immediately, but to no avail until nearly a year of work later, Cecilia Clemmons found something. She had been testing the walls, thinking it wasn’t as secure as the Ministry thought it was, when she figured out that the group had probably made a spell to use this to their advantage.

The information was published soon after it was proven right due to her testing. A letter appeared on a desk the day after, congratulating the Ministry on finding out how they got in yet stating they would never recover any of the stolen artefacts. I asked if there were any more leads since then, but there were none, and no letters have shown up either. The criminals were never found and neither were any of the stolen artefacts.

Thank you all for reading this article, and I hope you have a fantastic day! Hopefully I will see you in the next issue. During my search, I found more documents, but I thought these were the most interesting ones! The Auralocks definitely have their work cut out for them with so many unsolved cases.

Status