DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Sword of Griffin

MarcieKing

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: MarcieKing
Griffin
Add the Sword of Griffin as a single item to the game, but only one person can have it at a time. It should be granted to a worthy Griffin (like myself) to lead the House of Griffin to the future and to victory.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
As much as I can sort of see this being a cool idea in the past, it wouldn't work anymore. There are probably an estimated 150+ ex and current staff members who have the Sword of Griffin as an item already. I also just don't see how this is doable as one person could just hold onto it forever, and I don't really know what the point of it is. Could you go into a bit more detail on what the holder of the sword would do? :D

Good idea though!

MarcieKing

New Magician
Griffin
The holder of the Sword would be kind of a leader of House Griffin and if that was me i would organize small weekly events with little prizes here and there so that people would be more active, because as of late i have noticed a decline of Griffins. The holder should also help any Griffin in need with their quests or anything else.

It would kind of be like a prefect, and instead of the Sword coming to the Griffin in need the holder would come.

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
This sounds interesting but impractical tbh. The most obvious point I can make is that it would be restricted to one house which would be unfair to the other houses. Also many of the ideas you suggest with the sword already exist. The Head of Griffin is already a thing, the Inquisitorial Squad already does mini events two times a month, and there are already 20ish prefects at the time of this post. In addition how would the sword be transferred and how would we know that person is trustworthy of the role?
I do like the idea of rp roles/titles that are not exclusive to staff. Though once again, how students would get this role idk.

MarcieKing

New Magician
Griffin
Staff could interview some people to be the roleplay version of the head of Griffin and when one is chosen they will be head until or they abdicate, arent fit to be a good leader anymore or is inactive.

Callie

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: ProbsAMistake
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
We already have a Head of Griffin, so we would have to find another title, and which staff department would this fall under? Usually we have roleplay characters as staff because they're more reliable and have more commitment, and how would you define "not fit"? I have to agree that this is impractical, but you could start some roleplay with it if you'd like!

MarcieKing

New Magician
Griffin
I used to play on this server like a year ago and i have recently returned so i dont really know how everything works yet with staff etc. I just would like to help the Griffins as much as i can as i feel it going into decline.

I know i can help them right now with quests and stuff, but having a title or item like the sword would really show them that i can help them with anything.

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Hello @MarcieKing! Thank you so much for your suggestion! We truly love seeing players so eager to help and improve the server. I will bring this idea up with the other poltergeists and get back to you once we have reached our decision! Have a wonderful day!

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
cool idea but i dont really see the point plus if i got its mine forevaa

MamaDuckie

Head of Media
Head Staff
Staff
Minecraft IGN: MamaDuckie
Staff Head Staff Raven
'ello and once again thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined, as this is not something that we will be considering doing in the future. The Sword of Griffin exists as an old staff collectable and is not something we would like to give out. In terms of giving the Sword to a Griffin, we already have a Head of House. Additionally, any player or staff member is welcome to help Griffins in need, and we encourage players to help others. This would also leave the other houses without the same kind of feature. There are also several more wonderful points in above posts in this thread, but additionally, you don't need an item in order to show how much you care about your house.

We hope to hear more suggestions from you in the future though!