DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

The Weekly Owl - Edition 2 - Unofficial Roleplay News

Leugim

Magician
Minecraft IGN: leugim23
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire
Salutations everyone, and welcome back to Edition 2 of The Weekly Owl!

Last week was a great success, as we gave out more than 50 copies of our newspaper and even more views on the Potterworld Forums! For more information, you can view the Role Playing section of the Forums, and read our online newspaper there too. This past week has been filled with stress and intensity, and we have been waiting to push the information public. We also had multiple new additions to our team! Our newest members are DarkFollowers (Valentine_Deathrose) as Reporter, WerepireKan (Kan_Deathrose) and mckennaweasley (McKenna_Crystalbone) as Salesperson, and DisneyxHoney (Keira_Fireheart) as Editor. We are glad to welcome these 4 new members to our team! Without further ado, we present to you Edition 2 of The Weekly Owl.

Past Events
On the third of December, there was a very dramatic event. It was announced by the Daily Diviner that the old Dark Mistress and Baron overthrew the old Dark Lord, Joel Crestello, as he was proved incapable of leading the Dark Followers. After what seemed to be tortured, Joel Crestello was seen to have gone crazy. Noah Pendragon, the Dark Baron, and Sara Selwyn, the Dark Mistress, were on their way to attack Joel to overthrow him, when all they found was an open window, and no one sitting on his office chair. It appeared that he was informed of the plans, but that we are not sure of at this moment.

Recent Events
A few days ago, Leugim Manxwood’s housing was attacked and destroyed in flames. Sadly, there weren’t many clues as the fire took over most of the housing. All that was left was a burnt piece of fabric, and a letter saying “You have been warned”, signed “R. M.” The Phoenixes and Joel worked together at Belle Pendragon’s housing, but sadly, they did not find much info. The group only found that the spell used to cause the fire was flamonstrum. Aaron Morte came shortly after. He offered Leugim a place at the Aurolock’s Base (/housing Aarooncia), but Leugim declined as the Phoenixes already offered him a room at the Phoenix Refuge (/housing xArabella). Soon after that, while looking for clues, they discovered another book, again written by “R. M.” The Phoenixes and others combined are still trying to figure out who caused this attack.

The current Dark Lord and Dark Lady have been having their own troubles since taking control of the Dark Follower allegiance. It appears that there was a conflict of interest between the Dark Lady and the Dark Lord since they both desired different outcomes for the Dark Followers themselves. The Dark Lord, seeming to be more violent and aggressive, was in search of another Pendragon’s blood. Our sources say that the Phoenixes were given a chance to give one over to the Dark Lord, but as of this moment, have not yet done so. It is the Phoenixes who have been preparing defense in sight of what may seem to be a war. We have also gained intel from our reporters that the Dark Followers have been threatening the Phoenixes over the past couple of days.

As written in the first edition of The Weekly Owl, the Deputy Aurorlock, Rani Lightwood, successfully threw the Holiday Feast that was planned for Saturday afternoon. The feast started off peacefully and resulted in an organized dance. Just under 90 people attended, with the group disproportionately consisting of Phoenixes and Dark Followers. Everything was calm until the members of each allegiance started shouting insults to each other. Of course, the Dark Followers brought up war with the Phoenixes, vice versa for the Phoenixes as well. It seems that Rani Lightwood also commented on the allegiances, but tried to “calm down” all the ruckus. Furthermore, it was mentioned by Noah Pendragon, the Dark Lord, that the Phoenixes have created an alliance with the Vampires. His exact words were, and we quote, “How about the fact that we know about your alliance with the Vampires, Phoenixes.” While the food was being served, we also caught that the Dark Lord said “no murder yet, murder tomorrow", meaning that the soon-to-come war hypothesis was confirmed. We urge citizens of the wizarding world to be cautious around both territories of the Phoenixes and Dark Followers. Sal and the rest of the Phoenixes seemed quite certain they would win the brawl that is scheduled for Sunday, the release date of Edition 2 of The Weekly Owl. High Phoenix Sal stated “Let’s enjoy our food today, and enjoy their defeat tomorrow!” The conflict was resolved when Deputy Aurorlock Rani Lightwood asked the Lord of the Phoenixes, Joshua Pendragon, to dance. During the dance, it was clear that the Dark Followers did not enjoy the moves of the “Cha Cha Slide”. Another fight broke out, and this one resulted in the usage of magic. Multiple people were injured, but were soon treated for afterwards. The allegiances and clubs all split up their own ways after the feast, preparing for something greater to come.

Interviews
One of our reporters recently interviewed the famous Kade Everard, Werewolf Alpha. There was a back-and-forth conversation between the two of them:

Q: Do you believe the Phoenixes and DFs are going to war, thus dragging you and the Werewolves into war?

A: I believe that there is always warring going on between our groups, it is more of how large or small it is that decides how much or how little it impacts us. I also think that the Werewolves were never not involved. Our pack is [composed] of every group, and even those outside of the allegiances. No matter what it may seem, it is individual members taking sides, then me taking mine. As many of our members are loyal to their allegiance over their pack… decisions have had to be made.

Q: Are you ever worried about people’s loyalties and how they affect the pack overall? Like how people in the pack can go against your own plans?

A: I do. I do worry about where people’s loyalties lie, but not in the context of them preferring somewhere else over the pack and me. If I make a decision that people don’t agree with, they don’t have to stand behind it, as I don’t like to force things on people. It is their decision to make. I’d rather figure out who is loyal to the pack and me before they may be heavily depended on in a situation if one arises, as I feel like it is better safe than sorry, and we cannot afford such a loss.

Q: Going off this loyalty thing, does this also affect the extremely controversial decision of siding with the Dark Followers currently?

A: Aaah yes, the Dark Follower deal. The loyalty plays a rather small hole in the grand scheme of things. I made the best choice in regards to my pack members… especially if most of them are Dark Followers to begin with, with much less of them being Aurorlocks or Phoenixes. Because of this difference, I knew that if I sided with the Dark Followers, they wouldn’t pose a threat to us, as one can’t really be in danger to themselves if they are the perceived “danger” to begin with. Of course there is much that went on that the public, nor the pack, were able to see that went into decision making. I’ve known Sara for years, we went to Hogsworth together, and having the connection would strengthen the deal. Me having been the Phoenix Songstress also helped, as I have an understanding of how the Phoenixes work and can guide my actions, especially when opposing them.

Advertisement and Contact
In our newspaper, we will be offering an advertisement section! For only 50 gold, you can put a custom advertisement in this paper. Contact SLGStardust, SLGLeugim, Maxymoos, or DisneyxHoney to buy your advertisement today.

Do you want freedom for all? Do you want to bring down the crumbling Ministry and create a new order? Then join the Dark Followers today, and be a part of more than just an allegiance!

If you'd like to apply for a position for The Weekly Owl, feel free to apply here for the position of either Editor, Reporter, Publisher, or Salesperson. Thanks!

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to read The Weekly Owl Edition 2! Thank you, and have a safe, magical day!

Last edited:

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Hannah, it was Kade's old title in the Phoenixes

Period! Me and the whole team worked really hard gathering info and writing all this so we hope you enjoy!