DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

TLDR; There should be Seperate dueling classes for different Years.

Lorvalor Fireheart

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: FroggyFemboy
Raven
As a new player, you probably experienced this more than once.

You go to join a Dueling class and once it starts, you're immediately flagged down by a higher level player and killed with absolutely no chance in the world to win.

From what I've heard from a lot of new players, this issue seems to be detrimental to their willingness to attend dueling classes or even to join games in the Dueling Halls.

I, myself in fact have been discouraged time and time again from joining the wonderful Dueling classes at Hogsworth due to graduates or high level players flagging me down as another kill to add to their streak.

So as a solution, I believe we should introduce separate dueling classes for each year level students.

I know it seems as if it would be a huge hassle, but there are tons of players who log in each day who are all different levels than each other, and i'm sure that a system that encouraged lower level players to fight and grow strong against their peers would encourage them to train for these classes, and improve Dueling's attendance.

New players often have 2-3 spells at the most, and competing with someone who has 100+ spells, is absolute horseapples.

And more Dueling Theory classes to accompany this, I'm sure would encourage people who have given up on dueling to start and play more often when those types of classes roll around.

I'm not sure if other players have brought this up in threads on the forums but this seems to be a recurring issue I see nearly everytime there's a Dueling class.

- with love,
Kazu

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
So as a solution, I believe we should introduce separate dueling classes for each year level students.
Even though your ideas are great, the implementation would certainly become an issue. The professors have lives outside of potterworld and are already committed to hosting many classes for us.

Separating one dueling class into 8 different dueling classes, for years 1-7 and one for graduates would be too much work and would seem almost impossible.

To qualify for house finals in dueling classes, you must be one of the best duelists in your house. Everyone from that house gets to participate but only a few can qualify for finals.

This encourages players to actively try to improve and level up faster so they can achieve higher skill at dueling, with the intention of earning more AC and potentially earning points for their house.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
At one point, there were dueling classes where each year would be in a different area and duel one at a time. I'm not sure why this isn't currently the case, it could be that there was another problem with it, or it could be that professors preferred the normal FFA style class, but if there aren't any problems, it could be a possible solution.

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I think this could work if we do year 1-3, years 4-6, then 7- grads, but it still is a HUGE amount of work for the staff, I don't know which way it really falls

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
As a new player, you probably experienced this more than once.

You go to join a Dueling class and once it starts, you're immediately flagged down by a higher level player and killed with absolutely no chance in the world to win.

From what I've heard from a lot of new players, this issue seems to be detrimental to their willingness to attend dueling classes or even to join games in the Dueling Halls.

I, myself in fact have been discouraged time and time again from joining the wonderful Dueling classes at Hogsworth due to graduates or high level players flagging me down as another kill to add to their streak.

I know it seems as if it would be a huge hassle, but there are tons of players who log in each day who are all different levels than each other, and i'm sure that a system that encouraged lower level players to fight and grow strong against their peers would encourage them to train for these classes, and improve Dueling's attendance.

New players often have 2-3 spells at the most, and competing with someone who has 100+ spells, is absolute horseapples.

And more Dueling Theory classes to accompany this, I'm sure would encourage people who have given up on dueling to start and play more often when those types of classes roll around.

I'm not sure if other players have brought this up in threads on the forums but this seems to be a recurring issue I see nearly everytime there's a Dueling class.

- with love,
Kazu
I wish they would do something like this, or limit the spells you are allowed to us to like one quick bar.

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
When I was a new player I would simply hide the whole round. Or when they added the rule "No hiding" I would just run around at the sides (I still do this ... Im bad ok). tEcHnIcAlLy iT wAsNt hiDinG!

But when you are a lower level you don't stand a chance in dueling classes. I am still a terrible duelist, but having higher level spells certainly helps! If you die quickly every dueling class you can be discouraged from going to these classes, which means you won't improve.

Yes! The only current Dueling Theory class is at at 4:30 am for me. I've never once been to one of these classes.

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
When I was a new player I would simply hide the whole round. Or when they added the rule "No hiding" I would just run around at the sides (I still do this ... Im bad ok). tEcHnIcAlLy iT wAsNt hiDinG!

But when you are a lower level you don't stand a chance in dueling classes. I am still a terrible duelist, but having higher level spells certainly helps! If you die quickly every dueling class you can be discouraged from going to these classes, which means you won't improve.

Yes! The only current Dueling Theory class is at at 4:30 am for me. I've never once been to one of these classes.
Nyn, look what i wrote

Ashh

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: AzureAsh
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Game Designer Lead
Hey there!

Thank you for this suggestion. We really appreciate all of the suggestions that we receive on these forums, as they help us hear what you have to say and improve on what we can. This suggestion has been declined. With the release of Revelius, dueling classes have shifted to be year based, meaning that only a single year will go at a time to avoid the high imbalance that spells and gear pose as much as possible. Additionally, teaching separate dueling classes per year would exclude other years besides the one being taught and we would want to include every year.

Regarding your point about Dueling Theory, it would be useful to have more of these classes. However, professors get to choose what classes they teach and therefore would only teach this class if they had interest in doing so. Teaching a specific class is not something that they can be made to do.