DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Transfiguration Spell Tree upgrades

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Just going to suggest a few upgrades to the transfiguration spell tree to possibly help it be a bit more on par with the other damage spell trees.

Pierolotum:
- Replace it, its a bad and useless spell. Its the only offensive spell (that i know of) that requires output from the opponent to work.
- I suggest changing it to a skillshot spell, a good one that could work is Glacios with increased damage and a slowness effect

Aviforma:
- Give chickens swiftness I and let them do a low amount of knockback OR increase their damage

Specetulem: (arrow spell)
- Change from barrage to minigun sort of fire mode which is fully accurate (still with gravity)
- Change number of arrows from 1/3/5/7 to 1/2/3 (this can reward aim more)
- With 3 arrows, it fires all 3 arrows over the course of 1.5 seconds (0.5 per arrow)

Ignis:
- Increase base knockback

Cometes:
- Disable self-damage (meteor doesn't give you self damage so its weird why comet does)

Incendo:
- Make the fire aura do damage instead of just setting people on fire, 0.1/0.3/0.4/0.5 per hit (damage values may be changed, currently maxed out this would do more damage than devenorox but it doesn't have the pull effect so that's a trade off)

Magmify:
- Replace it, its also bad and useless. Can be countered by literally just shifting and cannot even be used outside of dueling arenas.
- I suggest an area of effect, cast time cancel spell. Think Levosus during exploration update, where it would place down an aura and launch all enemies into the sky, that but it cancels cast time spells. Base radius would have to be relatively small.

Some of these may not be balanced but it's all to make the transfiguration spell tree more desirable and threatening to opponents.

Maxwheell

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Maxwheell
Phoenix Serpent
ill just write some of my opinions on these changes cause why not im bored

pierolotum change is a really good idea and i suggested basically the exact same thing in a suggestions doc i sent to the gd team

Aviforma change i dont think i agree with just because i feel like it would be a broken spell people could just dip like 3 points into in transfig then do nothing else with transfig.

Spectelum honestly dont know if this is a buff or a nerf but yeah its kinda just rng right now so i dont mind the change

Im just not gonna comment on others cause i dont really wanna but i agree transfig needs a buff

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Joel Crestello!

We appreciate your suggestions on these spells, as I understand the complications with certain spells currently. I'll bring your suggestion up to the staff team, and after discussion and reaching a decision, I'll send a response to you as soon as possible!

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @Joel Crestello! Apologies for the wait!

After discussing this suggestion with the Leadership team, they have decided to accept this suggestion overall. For the 1st suggestion, we won't be switching Pierolotum to a skillshot spell, as we believe it is something that would not be beneficial. Instead, we will look into creating a different alternative solution for the spell, which might take a while as we are focused on other projects at the moment. Regarding the suggestions about Aviforma, Specetulem, and Magmify, you had made slightly similar suggestions in a previous thread that was brought up and accepted (On-Hold), which you can find here.

As for the suggestion about Ignis, it has been declined. Although we found the idea to be interesting, we did not find a good reason to change it, but we are open to feedback about why it should! For the 3rd and 4th suggestions, we have decided to accept both of them. We agree that the suggested modification for Cometes would improve its consistency with other spells. For Incendo, we will accept the idea of adding fire damage and look into the values of the spell. We want to slightly increase the damage of it, as we understand that players are able to counter its fire-effect fast enough without receiving much damage from it, but we are aiming for damage output to still be lower than Ignatium.

Thank you again for making these suggestions and I hope you have a nice day!

marmitemira

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: marmitemira
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower SPEW
Hello @Joel Crestello,

I'm pleased to inform you that your idea has finally been implemented in-game. We have made changes to Cometes and Pierolotum. Pierolotum was completely changed to spawn new statues that can attack players and mobs. Cometes also does no damage to the caster now.

We appreciate your suggestion and are excited to see how it will benefit players' experience on the server. Thank you and have a wonderful day!