DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Wizard PE

Doctor_Bond

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Doctor_Bond
Auralock Phoenix Raven
So to preface - very salty

the whale map has been around for years, and I remember beating it and having my head put on the wall. Very cool!
However, there is one section that is hair-rippingly tedious: the invisible block section.
I don't know why punching the barriers doesn't show particles for me, but it doesn't and the only reference I have is the map to the right side of the blocks.
Now, I can do a lot of parkour. double neos, headhitter ice jumps etc, but this is actually near impossible. because you can't see the outlines of the blocks underneath you on the floor, it's impossible to see whether you are standing on the barrier on the edge or not. You can find out by shifting but parkour sometimes relies on momentum even on the block, either to get running starts or whatever. Now that's not so important, whats more important is the blocks on the right hand side that get further away. As you can't really tell how far they go back, it's stupidly hard to find the barrier. It's very almost pure luck.

I got annoyed, and as you can probably guess, this was written directly after the class. But I did the first bit in 2 minutes and the invis I couldn't complete and was stuck on for 45 mins. VERY SICK OF IT.

Please at least give a pattern on the floor, or change the reference to the barriers so it gives people more of a fair chance.

Muchas gracias

Doctor_Bond

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: Doctor_Bond
Auralock Phoenix Raven
Oh, also I know this won't be on anyones top priority lists LMAO but I just thought I'd actually write out why it was so bad, because there were sarcastic comments coming from a few peeps explaining "of course, there's a path on the right hand side!"

Also at the point now adding this, I've calmed down and now I wanna delete this, but it's too late, and I thought you all should know XDD

Last edited:

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
This is pretty much a bandage to the problem but if you press F3 you can know if you're looking at a barrier or not at the bottom of the right HUD.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW Sr. Game Designer Linked
I agree that pressing F3 helps but also maybe class design could add a pattern to the floor? That could make it a bit too easy though.

deci

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: d3ci
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf Linked
Hello! I'll now bring up your concerns to the rest of the poltergeists team so we can discuss them and come back with a response as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback as it means a lot to us!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil SPEW Sr. Prefect Linked
Hello Doctor_Bond,
thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion! We truly appreciate each and every suggestion players make, as it allows us to improve the server.
As you might have already noticed, something similar to this has already been implemented. We have added particles to all the barrier blocks in Wizards P.E courses! We hope this helps players complete those parts better and cause less frustration for them.
Thanks again and have a great day!