DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

duelling class

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
I was thinking it would be very nice to put balanced duel classes ... there is no challenge if I find myself a deci (random example) of level 80 and I am level 10 and of course I would die it would be nice to put at all the same spells and talents the duel classes would be based on skill and not on level as I was saying if I am level 10 they put me against a level 80 I cannot win in any way So in summary I ask the staff to make balanced duel classes for all with the same spells and talents if all this is not possible, a dueling similar to the spell wars system would be nice

Nicolas.V

Graduate
I'm sorry that post don't talk of what i have said.
I have talked about the iusse of the level difference in duelling class that post talk about ffa and duelling champion

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
The original suggestion was about the duelling champions, but there was a discussion there about this topic, so I would recommend you read that to see what they said about it.

Leyla

Caretaker
Minecraft IGN: anoobcarrot
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
What I think about is that people can change their talents and it would not make sense for everyone to have the same as some players have different styles and it would not suit their needs. You can always change your talents in /me to suit your needs. Like I said in the other post, having everyone have the same spells would not make a different as lower years would not know how to use the spells in a effective matter as they would not know what all the spells are. We can't have it like spell wars as we would have to manually add and remove the spells from your wand which would not be time effective. These people didn't just get level 80 overnight. They spent time trying to get there as earlier on, they too were level 10 and have died in many dueling classes before they could reach the level they needed. There is still spells that are in lower years that can be used in dueling. It's not like lower levels would be skilled if they have the same spells because as I said, they would not know how to use them since they would be getting different spells they are not use to. Even level 60's can win duels, if they practiced. It's not always graduates. Having the same talents and/or spells will not make things balanced as everyone has different dueling styles.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
I knew they would answer that way
point 1 the talents
I think it would be better to disable them in duels class
point 2 the level
I understand that the level 80 have committed themselves to achieve it but it would be better to have them use that level in the dueling arena and to put all the classes in the same way I speak as a person of level 80 and in my opinion so the level 10 will no longer enter the duel classes because they know that they will lose and they could get tired and abandon the server I speak for the greater good in the server it takes more balance in the duels

Last edited:

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Phoenix Raven
point 1 the talents
I think it would be better to disable them in duels
How would you use talents if they're disabled in duels? Fighting mobs? Some of the talents are specifically tailored towards dueling, so they would be pointless if they were disabled in duels.
I understand that the level 80 have committed themselves to achieve it but it would be better to have them use that level in the dueling arena and to put all the classes in the same way I speak as a person of level 80 and in my opinion so the level 10 will no longer enter the duel classes because they know that they will lose and they could get tired and abandon the server I speak for the greater good in the server it takes more balance in the duels
Part of being level 80 on the server is having more exciting spells for duelling. Someone mentioned in the other thread that giving them these spells could make lower level players more excited to level up, but I disagree with that because with spells like Meteorum, they can only be used in duels, meaning that lower level players may feel like those spells are a long way away, and it's not worth getting there because the only place they can use the spells are in the dueling halls, whereas if everyone has their own spells, they would be able to use them in dueling classes, which is quite significant, so it doesn't seem really worth it to get the spells since there aren't many places where you can use them but others can't due to being a lower level.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
1. disabled in duel class
2. i don't think so for me if level 10 play see spell like meteorum they will be excited of havin it so they will level up for reach that spell

Leyla

Caretaker
Minecraft IGN: anoobcarrot
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
1. Players are excited with whichever spell they get as each level spell is unique.
2. Most spells are only used for dueling so what's the point of them levelling up outside of class if they already have the spells in dueling class.

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
If people want to get better at dueling, they will want to have spells like meteorum and other good spells, since they want to be good at dueling, so having the spells only obtainable by leveling up, makes people want to level up more, especially if people want to be good duelers, since they will need those spells. And, it's not like dueling class is the only class where you can duel. If you don't want to join dueling class because there are too many high level players, you can always go to places like the dueling halls to duel a player that is around your level. And of course what Leyla said is true too. A lot of those high level spells are mostly used in dueling, so if you had them anyways, why would you even want to level up to get them.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
nobody agrees with my idea of having everything the same the other possibility would be to face the graduates with the graded year 7 with year 7 and so on but I don't think all this will be done ....
doing so the PRO of the duel will always remain the same and in the long run people will be bored to see the usual pro that targets and kills me I speak on behalf of the level 10 and in general low levels but obviously I can not command anything so if you find it necessary leave everything as it is what the server belongs to the staff is not mine

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Phoenix Raven
doing so the PRO of the duel will always remain the same and in the long run people will be bored to see the usual pro that targets and kills me I speak on behalf of the level 10 and in general low levels but obviously I can not command anything so if you find it necessary leave everything as it is what the server belongs to the staff is not mine
I disagree. I think you're saying that the pro players will always be the same players because of the spells that they have, but anyone who levels up to level 80 will be on the same ground as the pro players - same spells, same talents (If they choose to) and same stats. The only difference would be skill.

Skill isn't defined into 'good ' and 'bad'. Dueling champions are obviously very good, but not unbeatable. It takes practice and skill to beat them, but they are not unbeatable. As people come up with new tactics or improve old ones, the current dueling champions will probably not be the best anymore. New people will probably come through and turn out to be very good at dueling. The dueling champions right now weren't here from the start: there would have been other people much better than them when they started out.

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Flip mentioned in the Q&A that dueling classes will go back to the usual year halls class. This means that you will be placed in the same arena with those that are in your own year.

LiviDk

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: lividk
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello!

Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, we have to decline it due to dueling classes are said to be changed in the Revelius update due to the addition of gear being implemented. You can get more information about the Revelius update from this Q&A livestream and you can read the recent changes from this feedback response.
Thank you so much for your time to write a suggestion, we really appreciate it!

Stay safe,
Leyak