DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Experience Required for Level 80.

tiggs_

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jacooob_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Hey Everybody!

So after multiple discussions and friendly debates in the #general channel of the PotterWorld discord, I have decided to create a forum post, that way not only will staff be able to take our suggestions and make something of them, we can also host a debate in a more formatted environment.

What is the forum thread about?

As the title suggests, this thread is regarding the significant amount of required experience points, one requires to achieve the maximum level of 80.

What do I personally believe?

I personally believe that the required amount of experience to achieve level 80, is off the charts here at PotterWorld. I don't have all the stats and figures as I am only level 57, but what I can say is this, I require 1.8m experience to achieve level 58.

Now let's do the maths:

By using the method that we all know and love, of rounding up mobs, 3-5 levels higher then you then jumping up in a tree, and using "Area of Effect" abilities to kill all the mobs as quickly as possible I can achieve roughly this amount of experience:

Each Mob gives me roughly 2k experience at this level.

The mobs that tend to spawn in heavy loads, tend to spawn around 8-10 mobs at a time,

The process of waiting for all 10 mobs to spawn, then running around the area to have them aggro you, and then jumping in the tree and killing them, takes roughly 3 minutes. (Due to a few reasons, including but not limited too mobs taking a while to respawn, and also moving slowly, and thus taking a decent time to actually get to your chosen killing area)

This means I can achieve roughly 20k experience, every 3 minutes. or 400k experience in an hour. meaning to receive my 1.8m experience, I would need to be doing this method for 4.5 hours, and please note, that it at full efficiency with no breaks, and assuming that all 10 mobs spawned and aggro-ed on you every single time.

Now this is 4.5 hours of full efficiency grinding just to achieve level 57-58. The lord only knows how long 79-80 would take you.

Does PW lack content?

I personally believe that yes, eventually PW will have to introduce more content, such as quests and explorable zones, but for now, and the near future, I believe that PW has a sufficient enough level of content, and adding more content isn't required at this moment in time. I do believe however though, that there is a significant lack of content for the required amount of experience to achieve level 80.

I believe being forced to grind mobs for countless hours, or attend over 200 classes to achieve level 80 is simply not good gameplay.

Possible fixes for these issues?

I personally think the fix for this issue is simple, well on paper anyway, i'm sure the dev team will think differently (love you guys).

I believe that the experience required to achieve level 80 should be scaled to the current level of quests, and other experience rewarding content.

For example, the amount of experience required should be lowered considerably, to the point where completing all the quests, with an additional 20-30 hours of mob grinding, will award you level 80, and then as more content and more quests are added to the game, that required amount of xp should be increased with it.

Yoru1E

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yoru1E
Honeybadger
1000% agree with this. Level 54 and already over a million EXP needed and most mobs don’t have good spawn rates and won’t clump together so staring for like 3 hours at my screen mindlessly killing cats isn’t good for my mental health and possibly treatment of my own cat.
1C5AF8C8-930E-43BB-83A8-2A54EE7E39C7.jpeg

tiggs_

Magician
@Yoru1E Haha, thanks for your feedback mate. Yeah I think that the grind from 75-80, you know then you can start expecting 5/6 hours between levels, but already hitting that level of required grind at sub level 60, is imo, crazy.

Yoru1E

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yoru1E
Honeybadger
As suggested in another thread perhaps they can use side quests that grant an abundance of EXP to counter this, add more quests where there is a level without one, host more classes (easier said then done, mind you) or lessen the margin.

tiggs_

Magician
I one million billion % agree @aaron ♡. Getting level 80 should be an accomplishment anybody would be proud of. And I would hate to take that away from any current level 80, and I would want to achieve level 80 without having that same level of accomplishment. I still don't think that players should be able to log in, and within 2 or 3 days, achieve level 80.

However, I think someone such as myself, that dedicated over 15 hours a day to the server, for 4 weeks, (quite literally over 400 hours playtime) should not be at level 57.

Last edited:

tiggs_

Magician
@Sticktrees Yeah roughly, I won't bore you with the details again, but the part of my thread where I say "Let's do the maths" is pretty much spot on, accuracy wise. And of course that's only going to get harder once you're a higher level.

Level 50 is kind of like the level where you hit a weird wall, I got from level 1-50 in about a week, and then from 50-57, I was getting about half a level a day. Now i'm at level 57, it's 1.8m until level 58. With mobs only giving 2k experience at that level, you can imagine the grind.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
The wall is intentional, I remember reading somewhere that the first 5 years or so is the "tutorial". I would support easing up on leveling up to 70 and maybe making 70-80 a little harder to compensate? This would let people get high-level gear and compete in dueling, while still have a rewarding goal to work towards.

Callie

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: ProbsAMistake
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
So I agree with both sides here. I agree that level 80 should be no easy feat, no level should be as it's supposed to be like an experience of going through Hogsworth, it does seem a little ridiculous the actual amount. However you're leaving a really fundamental aspect of Potterworld out, and thats classes. While yes it may take you a long time still, the leveling system isn't meant to be a quick and easy thing, it's meant to take you a long time and a lot of work, and I think it's worth it ;)

tiggs_

Magician
So I agree with both sides here. I agree that level 80 should be no easy feat, no level should be as it's supposed to be like an experience of going through Hogsworth, it does seem a little ridiculous the actual amount. However you're leaving a really fundamental aspect of Potterworld out, and thats classes. While yes it may take you a long time still, the leveling system isn't meant to be a quick and easy thing, it's meant to take you a long time and a lot of work, and I think it's worth it ;)
As I said in the original thread, I agree that achieving level 80 should be no easy task. It's something people should be proud of achieving, and it's also something I personally would want to be proud of achieving.

However, there is a challenge, and then there is the current experience required. I believe the number is something like 247 million experience, from 1-80.

Also there is a few reasons as to why I don't think classes should even be considered when discussing the levelling up process, and I'll get to that in just a second, but even I were to take classes into consideration let's do the maths;

10 AC currently awards me with 180k experience, and I require 1.8m for level 57-58.

That is 100 AC, or 10 classes (let's ignore potions, or the chance of winning a class, to balance it out at 10 AC per class)

A class, including going over the rules, receiving the notes, and then writing (or WizPE as a set time, or the other classes) takes roughly 45 minutes.

That's 450 Minutes, or 7.5 Hours worth of classes required to achieve level 57-58.

7.5 HOURS JUST TO OBTAIN 1 LEVEL, AND NOT EVEN A HIGH LEVEL AT THAT.

And not the mention, that,

1. Most classes are best suited for NA players.
2. Classes such as WizPE are simply impossible to complete, for those with less then average computers.
3. Classes such as creative writing are near impossible for those who are younger, or have disabilities resulting in the lack of ability to create a 2 page assignment.

I think that PotterWorld relies on the experience gains from classes too much, considering the above 3 points.

tiggs_

Magician
There is only one flying class that's actually on the calendar, and it's in the middle of the night for me. But regardless, it wouldn't actually make a difference from any of the maths that's already been done. Attending class and the time it takes to complete class (45mins on average), awards the same amount of exp as grinding mobs for 45mins.

So it wouldn't actually make anything faster, less repetitive, yes... but faster, no.

Callie

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: ProbsAMistake
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I didn't take into consideration timezones, thank you for reminding me of that. Like I said I agree there is a problem, but I don't know if it's one that will be fixed, as it is working, and many many players have used the system to graduate.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I do believe the AC => Experience ratio does scale when you level up though. I definitely didn't get 180k XP from 10 AC as a first year. I think you are underestimating leveling up by classes. (Potions is like 10 minutes and flying is usually 15-20 mins) I've gotten around 500ac this month as a graduate from mostly breeze classes. They are usually under 30 minutes and super fun/engaging. As for notes classes, you have the potential to earn more than 10ac. I could have gotten upwards to 1000 if I attended more note classes. I do agree that a lot of the classes are in NA time; however, there aren't many EU professors, and becoming a professor isn't easy. I would 100% recommend going to classes rather than killing mobs, unless you are able to efficiently grind them. Other methods to gaining XP sounds cool, but I'm unsure of what's the methods could be. I believe the current system is fine, however I am a level 80 now and have been for a while. The experiences I have are from classes, but I have friends that graduated recently as well.

Edit: Surprise classes are way more common than a lot of players think. You should definitely look out for them! Some days I go to more surprise classes then scheduled ones.

Last edited: