DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Experience Required for Level 80.

tiggs_

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jacooob_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire
Of course AC scales lmfao, but at my current level 10 AC rewards 180k experience, and at my current level I require 1.8 million experience to level up.

And yes, you're right, classes are easier and do reward a fair chunk of experience, (I believe it's roughly 10% of your required experience for the next level, and that's how it scales) but that doesn't change the fact that classes are less accessible for people on certain sides of the planet.

I understand and appreciate that there arn't many EU professors, and becoming a professor isn't easy, and for that reason exactly is why I believe it's unfair.

You can't just say "if you attend classes it's easier to level up, so you should attend more classes.. but if you can't because you're from the EU, tough luck".

From a game/server developer stand point, that's terribly logic. Nobody should get an advantage over any other players.

EDIT: There either needs to be a fair balance of EU/NA classes, or attending classes shouldn't play such a big part of the levelling up process. It's simply unfair, and from an EU POV, it's frustrating as hell.

Joshios

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joshios
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Yeah! I totally understand where you are coming from. Class helper applications were recently opened (people should apply o.o) and Class Helpers have the opportunity to be promoted to professor (the only way to get it right now). I'm assuming some EU class helpers will be accepted. Do I think the NA/EU classes well be balanced soon? Probably not, a lot of players are originated (including staff) around the PST timezone. Classes have always been a main part of leveling, and this will probably stay for the foreseeable future. They have made such a big system around classes, to the point it wouldn't make sense if they were to remove it from the main ways to level. The classes being taught more in NA times has always happened, and I'm sure they would want to fix this. It's sounds like a "Easier said than done" situation. Anyways, this is most likely my last forum thread in this post. Keep in mind, I'm just a student, and so this is just my opinion/thinking. Hope to see you around on the server!

tiggs_

Magician
Just a side note, I just completed "Sirens Mayhem" the quest in Ireland, where you need to farm;

10x Mermaid Gills
10x Mermaid Teeth
10x Mermaid Fins

Then enter the Sirens Lair, find an additional 4 items, using various charm spells, and completing various parkours. Then defeat a Siren with 28,000 health, and then return back to the quest giver.

All of this awards you with 130,000 experience. LESS THEN HALF of what 10 AC gives you at this level.

Now no offence, but that is ridiculous. How can 10 AC possibly give you twice the amount of exp as completing a considerably difficult quest.

Yoru1E

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Yoru1E
Honeybadger
Just a side note, I just completed "Sirens Mayhem" the quest in Ireland, where you need to farm;

10x Mermaid Gills
10x Mermaid Teeth
10x Mermaid Fins

Then enter the Sirens Lair, find an additional 4 items, using various charm spells, and completing various parkours. Then defeat a Siren with 28,000 health, and then return back to the quest giver.

All of this awards you with 130,000 experience. LESS THEN HALF of what 10 AC gives you at this level.

Now no offence, but that is ridiculous. How can 10 AC possibly give you twice the amount of exp as completing a considerably difficult quest.
Just did that too. To be fair you did get a staff that did 600 damage per shot if you hit it correctly and only moved forward and backward because if you moved side to side your shot would fly off to the side you moved (weird aiming mechanics but whatever). The mermaid drop rates were surprisingly decent. I remember spending 3 hours grinding for 6 thestry hearts but spent an hour grinding for the ingredients. That’s considerably good luck. However, I do agree that quest exp should be raised to match the margin of exp required to level up. It’s like a million+ exp required in year 6 and I’d really appreciate having more quests to do than more time waiting for lessons.

tiggs_

Magician
Yeah, the quest wasn't difficult, non of the quests are difficult, but it was still a decent 45 minutes, for HALF the amount of XP as attending one class. Which is a shame because surely quests should be the main source of experience.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Ok so the main issue is mos
Yeah, the quest wasn't difficult, non of the quests are difficult, but it was still a decent 45 minutes, for HALF the amount of XP as attending one class. Which is a shame because surely quests should be the main source of experience.
Quests really shouldn't be the main source of experience. AC has and I hope continues to be the main way to get XP, with quests paying out gold at a much higher rate then AC does.

Yoru1E

Magician
Honeybadger
However, if AC is to become a main source of experience gained then it either a) needs to hold more value as you progress (so more EXP gained) or b) needs to be made more accessible (e.g. more classes and more opportunities to gain AC, perhaps side quests for teachers would be in order.) In fact, say you did a side quest for the charms professor, you might get an extra boost in charms power for your spell casting and the like. It would be much more interesting. Additions could also be made to smaller, less common departments such as Ancient Runes to give you advantages in battle, say, a one-use battle rune or something like that, which would involve more of the school in explorative side quests!

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
However, if AC is to become a main source of experience gained then it either a) needs to hold more value as you progress (so more EXP gained) or b) needs to be made more accessible (e.g. more classes and more opportunities to gain AC, perhaps side quests for teachers would be in order.) In fact, say you did a side quest for the charms professor, you might get an extra boost in charms power for your spell casting and the like. It would be much more interesting. Additions could also be made to smaller, less common departments such as Ancient Runes to give you advantages in battle, say, a one-use battle rune or something like that, which would involve more of the school in explorative side quests!
I dont like the idea of side quests giving permanent buffs, as the current system where gear is the only differentiator is complicated enough. You say "If AC is to become" but AC has been the main source of xp for as long as I can remember, and I'm sure that was the case long before I joined PW. Quests are a relatively new thing after all. What needs to be made clear is the purpose of quests is not really to level up, but the individual rewards while leveling up can either be ground out from mobs or the time gated AC from daily voting + classes.

Yoru1E

Magician
Honeybadger
I dont like the idea of side quests giving permanent buffs, as the current system where gear is the only differentiator is complicated enough. You say "If AC is to become" but AC has been the main source of xp for as long as I can remember, and I'm sure that was the case long before I joined PW. Quests are a relatively new thing after all. What needs to be made clear is the purpose of quests is not really to level up, but the individual rewards while leveling up can either be ground out from mobs or the time gated AC from daily voting + classes.
Valid point. However, though AC is the primary method I believe that it just needs to be buffed.

tiggs_

Magician
@TallBlondeDude What you're saying is true, but is kind of also what's wrong with the system at the moment.

AC is the best way to achieve high levels of experience, and as Aviforma said, is really the only way of viably reaching level 80.

However not everybody can attend classes, personally for me there is only like 3 a week that are not in the middle of the night.

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Hey Everybody!

So after multiple discussions and friendly debates in the #general channel of the PotterWorld discord, I have decided to create a forum post, that way not only will staff be able to take our suggestions and make something of them, we can also host a debate in a more formatted environment.

What is the forum thread about?

As the title suggests, this thread is regarding the significant amount of required experience points, one requires to achieve the maximum level of 80.

What do I personally believe?

I personally believe that the required amount of experience to achieve level 80, is off the charts here at PotterWorld. I don't have all the stats and figures as I am only level 57, but what I can say is this, I require 1.8m experience to achieve level 58.

Now let's do the maths:

By using the method that we all know and love, of rounding up mobs, 3-5 levels higher then you then jumping up in a tree, and using "Area of Effect" abilities to kill all the mobs as quickly as possible I can achieve roughly this amount of experience:

Each Mob gives me roughly 2k experience at this level.

The mobs that tend to spawn in heavy loads, tend to spawn around 8-10 mobs at a time,

The process of waiting for all 10 mobs to spawn, then running around the area to have them aggro you, and then jumping in the tree and killing them, takes roughly 3 minutes. (Due to a few reasons, including but not limited too mobs taking a while to respawn, and also moving slowly, and thus taking a decent time to actually get to your chosen killing area)

This means I can achieve roughly 20k experience, every 3 minutes. or 400k experience in an hour. meaning to receive my 1.8m experience, I would need to be doing this method for 4.5 hours, and please note, that it at full efficiency with no breaks, and assuming that all 10 mobs spawned and aggro-ed on you every single time.

Now this is 4.5 hours of full efficiency grinding just to achieve level 57-58. The lord only knows how long 79-80 would take you.

Does PW lack content?

I personally believe that yes, eventually PW will have to introduce more content, such as quests and explorable zones, but for now, and the near future, I believe that PW has a sufficient enough level of content, and adding more content isn't required at this moment in time. I do believe however though, that there is a significant lack of content for the required amount of experience to achieve level 80.

I believe being forced to grind mobs for countless hours, or attend over 200 classes to achieve level 80 is simply not good gameplay.

Possible fixes for these issues?

I personally think the fix for this issue is simple, well on paper anyway, i'm sure the dev team will think differently (love you guys).

I believe that the experience required to achieve level 80 should be scaled to the current level of quests, and other experience rewarding content.

For example, the amount of experience required should be lowered considerably, to the point where completing all the quests, with an additional 20-30 hours of mob grinding, will award you level 80, and then as more content and more quests are added to the game, that required amount of xp should be increased with it.
I agree with this EXCEPT, when they add more content and quests they should just raise the cap. Why readjust the scale when you raise the level? Haha.

tiggs_

Magician
I agree with this EXCEPT, when they add more content and quests they should just raise the cap. Why readjust the scale when you raise the level? Haha.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, I think we're on the same page, but because we worded it differently we've confused each other.

What I meant is let's say (just theoretically) that there was 10 quests total from 1-80 and the required exp from 1-80 was 10 million.

If they then added 5 more quests, 15 total, they should make the required exp 15 million!

tiggs_

Magician
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, you mean when they add more content just increase the level from 80, to something higher? And by doing so introduce new spells etc.

Yeah that's a great idea!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for leaving your feedback here, as well as providing some suggestions on how to fix some of these issues. We really do appreciate it and will certainly review all of this!
Thanks again and have a great day!

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I'm quite happy with the amount of XP you get from everything - think people are to quick to want to Graduate and be level 80 - you'll wish you took it slower when you get there - I promise.

Also - I don't think the Level cap has been increased before - but if that is something you would like to see in the future - check out this thread! - https://potterworldmc.com/threads/level-cap-increase-and-new-area-idea.7381/

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
I'm quite happy with the amount of XP you get from everything - think people are to quick to want to Graduate and be level 80 - you'll wish you took it slower when you get there - I promise.

Also - I don't think the Level cap has been increased before - but if that is something you would like to see in the future - check out this thread! - https://potterworldmc.com/threads/level-cap-increase-and-new-area-idea.7381/
I don't think anyone would be mad about the length of time to get to lvl 80 if there was content to fill the gaps. The issue is now-a-days you have to sit for hours and hours mindlessly killing mobs to level up. I'm only lvl 61 and leveling up once is around 3-4 hours of efficient grinding. Given that I only get quests around every other level, this is a bit ridiculous.

Also, everyone I've talked to (including you I believe) achieved level 80 pre-revelius, and everyone on this thread seems to be around my level, so I'm interested how many people have actually grinded to lvl 80 post-revelius. I feel the burnout already, and I don't think that making players mindlessly grind for hours and hours to level up is a good idea.

My changes:

I would say the bare minimum for extra content would be at least one quest every level . IMO leveling up should be exciting because you get to do a quest, not just a depressing "ok I'm halfway there" thought.

AC should ALWAYS be at least 25% of the level. I'm at the point where I have stopped attending most classes because I can get more XP by just grinding during that time.

Mob grinding should be restructured so leveling up should only take 30min-1hr of grinding (at lvl60) (it is okay for this to scale with level).

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I don't think anyone would be mad about the length of time to get to lvl 80 if there was content to fill the gaps.
That is a fair point! I guess more ways to earn xp at higher levels would be nice - I made a Post to add back games master and potterworld legend - could be good ways to earn daily xp

AC should ALWAYS be at least 25% of the level. I'm at the point where I have stopped attending most classes because I can get more XP by just grinding during that time.
Also agree here - I'm not particularly good at Wiz PE - it would be inefficient for me to attend. As you say at higher levels you can get 11k xp per kill- so Instead you mindlessly grind your XP for hours - I've personally been saving my AC now for a week so I can instant the last 3 levels - It would be faster to Grind mobs and use AC for XP up to lvl 70 then Grind mobs 70-77 - then do your quests and then spend your remaining saved AC (approx 800)

Mob grinding should be restructured so leveling up should only take 30min-1hr of grinding (at lvl60) (it is okay for this to scale with level).
Don't agree here - I'm happy with the amount of XP gained from mobs and the amount of time it takes to kill same level mobs with decent gear - Mob Grinding should be long and arduous - It is in any MMO you will play - the problem is the lack of XP from Quests - Mob Grinding is more efficient - It's also as you said the lack of other content that provides reasonable XP for Grads.

Class helper applications were recently opened (people should apply o.o)
Personally, I would - I honestly haven't considered it as I don't believe I would be accepted based on previous PW Team applications.