DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Housing magic enabled for name registry only

Not_Ponzi

Magician
Minecraft IGN: P0nz1an1
Phoenix Raven
So imagine people being doing something and u have to kick players as you need your magic on, like a music show

or a teacher who wanna cast a spell, while magic is shutdown,

or a headstaff who wanna surprise ppl with magic

whatever really

Is it possible to do a magic exclusion like:
/house magic off
/house magic on;Jebroney_the_Squib;Inquisitorius
and if you wanna wipe this order u do
/housing magic off
/house magic on

or whatever really.

for example

Is this perc NathanWolf (old minister of magic) related for that, thats why I'm asking question

tyvm PW!

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Oo I really like this idea!! Especially when players host events at their housings and magic can only be used by some (like for ex, a wedding, where only the ring bearer would need magic). Or if someone's coming to your housing then using a ton of spells on you when you're trying to build (therefore needing magic on). Ty for suggesting this idea!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I wonder if the list of people that you want to enable magic for could be similar to the lists when you do "/house access" and choose Party, Friends, or Everyone. It could grant access to magic to whoever is in one of those categories and with that way, there doesn't have to be another list of users.

So the command could be "/house magic on [Party]" or something similar.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Heyo, @Not_Ponzi!
Thank you for your suggestion!
I will have your suggestion be brought up to the rest of the team, and we’ll discuss about it from there. I’ll have a reply sent to you soon!
Have a good day!

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya again, @Not_Ponzi!

I'd like to inform you that your suggestion has been accepted! We really liked this idea, and since this is something a lot of players want, we believe it would be very useful, especially for any of the activities/events as mentioned. Therefore, we'll be looking into this in the future, so keep an eye out once this is completed and implemented!

Thank you again for making this suggestion and have a lovely day!

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Greetings @Not_Ponzi and others in the thread!

Unfortunately, this is no longer something we will be doing, as we have implemented something we like better and that is simpler. With the new Dev Housing Update, you are now able to use /h settings to toggle resident only magic, allowing you to stop non-residents from doing magic. You can read more about the update here. We hope you understand our decision.

Regardless, thank you for this suggestion and we hope to see more from you in the future! I hope you have a magical day/night!