DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Losing House Points

Tuna2

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Tuna2
Griffin
I think it's time to make House points a bit more challenging then getting O+'s on an assignment, Losing House Points! I think you should take away House Points from certain players if their doing something bad in the server and something bad in class instead of them missing out on ac too, it's only for staff members and professor's and class helpers only but it has to be a reasonable points not like 50 points taken away each from a person or a whole section of students for doing something bad in a classroom like Henry Porter and the philosopher's stone for example of Mcgonagole taken away 50 points each just for walking the corridor's at night, It has to be a reasonable amount taken from a person who's misbehaving to try to get someone's act together of they have to listen to the rules of the game and be nice to other's to try their best to not make the same mistake so it doesn't be unfair for the person who did something wrong get's upset and leave the game for not understanding what they did wrong at all. And that also goes for acting rudely to other's outside of class.
Btw here's a cool clip for entertainment purposes You can go ahead and cut to 3:14 if you want to get to the program of all this forum idea. (All rights goes to Owner's ofc.)

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Imo this is one of those things which works well in the books (+ movies) but not really in a multiplayer server like this. In the books there are a very small number of students which stays roughly the same, have a motivation to do well through their family and scholarly success, and know each other very well. On the server there have been over 300,000 players to date who have no motivation to do anything other than to have fun and most of which do not know each other.
I feel like if this system was incorporated a situation like this could happen: A player who joined 15 minutes ago joins a class, does a series of infractions (unwittingly or not), is kicked from the class and hp is deducted, and then is harassed by people who care a lot about the hp about how they "ruined" their chances at the house cup. Its easy to see how such a system would build hostility between players and would discourage new players from joining.

EDIT: This is not to say it would not work at all and maybe for a smaller defined group of people (ex lvl 80 grads) it would work I just don't see how it would function with the entire player base.

Last edited:

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hia @Tuna2,

Thank you for leaving your suggestion!

The suggestion that you're mentioning was previously suggested in this thread. Also, removing house points for infractions in classes has been suggested in this duplicate. While we appreciate you bringing the suggestion forward, a decision was already reached on it.

A lot of players work really hard to obtain house points, where if we were to move forward with these suggestions, rulebreakers could go against their hard work which just would not be fair to them. House points can be assigned to classes, challenges, and many other methods, where it always is earned in a positive way. If we were to deduct them because people break the rules, it could create a negative environment that is not desired.

I recommend checking out the mentioned threads for more information. We hope this is not too disappointing. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regardless, I wish you a wonderful day :heart:

Kind regards,
KipxSateee