DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New MF Map

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
Over the past few days we have seen a very exciting new addition in the Irish takeover of PW - The Quabbleball World Cup map features the Bratach na hÉireann in it! (Don't get mad, it's just our word for the tricolour/Irish flag)

So, to influence this Irish minigame takeover I would like to propose a new melting floor map where the floor is just the Irish flag.

It could have scenery around it, perhaps inspired by Ireland on the map itself.

For example, it could include the leprechaun cave, the Quabbleball stadium in Ireland, etc etc.

At first this was a joke suggestion but when I started thinking about the scenery I got really sold on the idea of a melting floor map or even other games such as a hide and seek map being inspired by our in-game Ireland!

Okay, maybe the Irish flag on the floor is a bit much... but... include it if you want? ;););)

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I don't know if a map with just the irish flag would really fit in the set of MF maps?
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Ireland (both IRL and in-game, though IRL I've only been there once) but I feel like if there was an Ireland-based MF map, it would be a bit more creative than just "the flag"

Like idk, have it start in a mountainous area? Then the next floor would be the actual village, then the harbor/port/boat place thingy (idk the proper english name for it sorry) then maybe 1 or 2 floors for like the cave systems in ireland (with the gnomes and mermaids maybe), idk, that sounds a bit more original than just "the flag"

Mallaidh

Librarian
yeah it started off as a joke that's where the flag came from thenn I suddenly got sold on the idea of a detailed melting floor map about Ireland, like with the mermaid and leprechaun caves, and with the village, and with the quabbleball pitch...

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Having built melting floor maps for the server I can definitely say it’s hard to get a unique idea for a map. Usually they’re comprised of story lines, areas in the castle that have common attributes, etc. From my experience the player base doesn’t often request maps as the build team may be working on some other big project or they’re already assigning map ideas. Anyways, try and suggest something that has a staging, something that makes sense and fits the story line.

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello, and thank you for making a suggestion for Potterworld!

I will bring this to light to the Poltergeist team immediately and gain feedback in order to give you a response as soon as possible. Thank you again, and take care!

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
Over the past few days we have seen a very exciting new addition in the Irish takeover of PW - The Quabbleball World Cup map features the Bratach na hÉireann in it! (Don't get mad, it's just our word for the tricolour/Irish flag)

So, to influence this Irish minigame takeover I would like to propose a new melting floor map where the floor is just the Irish flag.

It could have scenery around it, perhaps inspired by Ireland on the map itself.

For example, it could include the leprechaun cave, the Quabbleball stadium in Ireland, etc etc.

At first this was a joke suggestion but when I started thinking about the scenery I got really sold on the idea of a melting floor map or even other games such as a hide and seek map being inspired by our in-game Ireland!

Okay, maybe the Irish flag on the floor is a bit much... but... include it if you want? ;););)
This sounds cool!

Bailey

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: viewful
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire
Hello,

After further discussion, we are very happy to inform you that we liked this idea! We feel like this would be a good addition to our current maps and we would like to add more melting floor maps in general. We plan to add this feature or something along the lines of this suggestion in the foreseeable future! Make sure to keep an eye out for any updates!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a suggestion! It generally means a lot to us!

Mallaidh

Librarian
oh wow this was a joke suggestion like i said which actually developed into an idea which i sort of liked

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
As per this update, this suggestion is one of the new maps in Melting Floor!

We hope you enjoy this map and wish you a great day!