DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

New Spell Idea!

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Ok the idea is to add a new "Snipe" spell (thats not the name, thats the concept of the spell)

It can be a Transfiguration spell (because transfiguration desperately needs a buff) that does more damage the longer it travels. Basically, if you hit it at super close range, it does barely any damage. On medium range, it does a bit more damage, and on long range, it does the most damage! It can do a % of your transfiguration damage, so let's say on super close range it can do 40% of your transfig damage, (which is like 1000 damage at most for the best transfig gear) but at max range, can do up to 200% of your transfig damage (which can reach up to 5k damage)

I think removing the headshot mechanic on this would be useful too, we don't want people dealing 9k damage on snipes lol. If you still think its OP consider that almost all duels start with fortifius at the start so the damage wont be high every single time my G

The numbers I gave were just off the top of my head, I care a lot more for the concept to be accepted in general rather than the actual values I provided, as long as the concept of longer range = higher damage is there.

Thanks for reading 1 like = 1 cookie

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I really like it! But how would it be implemented? (Ex. Arena Tokens, Leveling up, Dueling Quest of some sort, etc.)

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I think this sort of mechanic would work really well on either Anti-Appareo or Specetulem. It would work nice on Anti-appareo because it has a fast travel time and pretty long range already but low damage so that could compensate or the arrow spell, number of arrows may have to be changed though. But I do like this spell being a part of transfiguration, it would be a good replacement for Magmify since that spell is pretty useless.

Wildsam

Animorphus
Staff
Drooble's Order
Minecraft IGN: Wildsam
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Class Helper Arena Grandmaster SPEW Drooble's Order
I would love to see something like this implemented ! While it could be possible to earn this one through leveling (perhaps adding it in a year), a couple spells are earned through challenges or secrets (eg. Scribblifors, Animus Exto) and I feel like it would be so appropriate for a player to test out their aim in some way and prove they deserve to earn this "snipe" ability.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Hey there @Salmandingo!

Thank you for bringing your suggestion to Potterworld! We are always on the lookout for ways to make our server a better place, so we are very appreciative of your suggestion!

I will now go ahead and bring your idea to my fellow poltergeists to get additional feedback on if we are to implement your suggestion or not. I will get back to you here when we come to our conclusion, so be on the lookout for any future notifications from this forum!

Again thank you for your suggestion, take care and I hope you have a magical day! <3

Best wishes,
Cate

Last edited:

Nives

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: annivelation
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Sr. Poltergeist
Hello @Salmandingo and everyone else!

Thank you for creating this suggestion! I'm happy to inform you that this suggestion has been accepted and will be placed on hold for the time being!

We like the premise of this idea and think it could be good to introduce! We will be looking at our spells and potentially revamping some or looking into new ones later this year. We have decided to add this idea to our list to visit when we do look into a revamp further.

Thank you once again for creating this suggestion and I hope you have a wonderful day!