DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Potions Classes

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Salutations! One of my favorite interactive classes on Potterworld is Potions! I've always enjoyed the new Potions system and I find that the class isn't hosted as much as it used to be. The amount of time it takes to get in and out can be 5-10 minutes, which isn't a lot of time. I'm aware that it is one of those classes some professors might teach because its quick and they want to teach a class (which isn't a bad thing, I know you all take time to plan out your classes and make them special!). Theres three main points I really want to throw out as ideas.

The first one being the possibility for each player to choose the potion they want to brew. Class potions are special and give some effects you wouldn't want students to have the option to always brew. However, I think an easy fix to this would be each student could choose from 3-4 different potions of a professor's choosing. This way, everybody can brew a potion they want to brew!

My second idea is that students can choose how many potions they want to brew! Before you think, "Oh, no way, they're easy to brew and people could easily farm that." - A small and simple story line could be incorporated to fix this. For example, the Healers at St. Merlin's need your help in supplying potions for their patients! For every additional five or ten potions you brew, you could get an extra one or two AC, similar to how you progress in WizPE. This way, at the end of the class people would only be leaving with one potion.

My third idea is something a little more difficult to explain, but I'll try my best lmao. A while back I remember Zmiya teaching a potions class which I assume he had customized himself with class design technology where we had to find our potion ingredients around the room. Somewhat off-topic but since the room was a bit of a different build I'd always get my hopes up when I saw that class room in use. However, I never saw the system used again. I really enjoyed having a more hands on experience in that class and I was thinking about ways it could be readded or used on occasion.

Thats it!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
My second idea is that students can choose how many potions they want to brew! Before you think, "Oh, no way, they're easy to brew and people could easily farm that." - A small and simple story line could be incorporated to fix this. For example, the Healers at St. Merlin's need your help in supplying potions for their patients! For every additional five or ten potions you brew, you could get an extra one or two AC, similar to how you progress in WizPE. This way, at the end of the class people would only be leaving with one potion.
There is already a suggestion for this. click

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: VetMedYumei
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I hope this idea will be approved! I love every detail you suggested. This makes things more exciting in potion class. It gives us the vibe of being a potioneer! I'm sure this will be worth of the students time. <3

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
A while back I remember Zmiya teaching a potions class which I assume he had customized himself with class design technology where we had to find our potion ingredients around the room.
This is good idea :)

Caroliin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Caroliin
Griffin Phoenix
Hey there! I really like the ideas of your suggestion. Having been a Class Helper for a few months now, I might be able to give you some feedback on your ideas.

The first one being the possibility for each player to choose the potion they want to brew. Class potions are special and give some effects you wouldn't want students to have the option to always brew. However, I think an easy fix to this would be each student could choose from 3-4 different potions of a professor's choosing. This way, everybody can brew a potion they want to brew!
Overall, this is a great idea and I can see why students would enjoy that. However, with the system we're currently using, it could be difficult to implement. Right now the Professor has all the ingredients for the potion in their inventory and simply gives them to everyone at the same time. If there'd be 4 potions to pick from, it would be a lot harder to do and take a lot longer since the professor would first have to find out, which potion everyone wants to brew and then manually give everyone their ingredients. Full potions classes have 80 students in them. I can imagine how long it would take until the Professor has given the ingredients to everyone seperately. There might be another way to do this and that's to change the tech of the Potions class slightly. Something like that the students can click a button to recieve the ingredients for the potion they chose automatically. I don't really know anything about tech, so I'm not sure how hard that would be or how long it would take. Still a very nice idea tho!

Another really creative idea, and I actually think if the professors wanted to, they could create lesson plans like that. Again, I think we'd need some tech for that, so that students can get the ingredients without the professor having to hand them out. And then we'd have to figure out how much time they have and what the maximum amount of potions is they can brew. Since newer players struggle a lot with brewing when they don't know how it works, it could be an unfair advantage to more experienced players. I still think this could be implememted though.

My third idea is something a little more difficult to explain, but I'll try my best lmao. A while back I remember Zmiya teaching a potions class which I assume he had customized himself with class design technology where we had to find our potion ingredients around the room. Somewhat off-topic but since the room was a bit of a different build I'd always get my hopes up when I saw that class room in use. However, I never saw the system used again. I really enjoyed having a more hands on experience in that class and I was thinking about ways it could be readded or used on occasion.
I used to love helping in those classes! Zmiya has written the tech and implemented this system, but noticed a few issues with it after a few classes since it was more laggy than normal Potions classes. He then went back to using the 'normal' system again while still wanting to work on his Potions system to get rid of the lag. Since Zmiya isn't a part of the Academics team anymore, as far as I know, noone's working on it currently.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
As Caro said above, I noticed issues with it and I figured out a potential way to fix / reduce the issues but as I'm not in Academics anymore, I haven't put it all together. I might ask someone to do this for me though so hopefully it'll make a return! : D

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Overall, this is a great idea and I can see why students would enjoy that. However, with the system we're currently using, it could be difficult to implement. Right now the Professor has all the ingredients for the potion in their inventory and simply gives them to everyone at the same time. If there'd be 4 potions to pick from, it would be a lot harder to do and take a lot longer since the professor would first have to find out, which potion everyone wants to brew and then manually give everyone their ingredients. Full potions classes have 80 students in them. I can imagine how long it would take until the Professor has given the ingredients to everyone seperately. There might be another way to do this and that's to change the tech of the Potions class slightly. Something like that the students can click a button to recieve the ingredients for the potion they chose automatically. I don't really know anything about tech, so I'm not sure how hard that would be or how long it would take. Still a very nice idea tho!
Hey Caro! Thanks so much for bringing some transparency to how the system works! Personally I find it very interesting when a small window into how some departments work is given out. Obviously this only comes to a limit for various reasons. Anyways, I did take a few minutes reading this and trying to interpret it. Once again, having never been in academics I'm completely unsure whether this is possible with the tech we have. But just to throw it out (as I didn't go into too much detail about selecting potions, I'll elaborate.) - From my understanding (once again, correct me if I'm wrong), the Professor has to manually select a potion that the reward NPC will reward you for to avoid students bringing in previously made potions just to get AC. What I was thinking was something similar to that where a few potions would be selected, and another NPC would hand out the ingredients of the students choice. These NPCs could give them out in one plate of ingredients or multiple. This way the professor isn't handing out ingredient non-stop. Once again, not sure if this is how the system works entirely.
As Caro said above, I noticed issues with it and I figured out a potential way to fix / reduce the issues but as I'm not in Academics anymore, I haven't put it all together. I might ask someone to do this for me though so hopefully it'll make a return! : D
Thank you for your insight! Sad to see you depart from academics, always enjoyed your classes- getting back on topic, I'd love to see this return! Thank you for all you have done for academics in your previous round!

Motionic

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Motionic
Dark Follower Griffin Vampire
Heya @aaron ♡! Thank you so much for bringing forward this suggestion! I will promptly discuss this with the poltergeists and I will get back to you with our decision once it has been reached! Have a wonderful day!

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello again @aaron ♡,

Sadly, we will be declining this suggestion due to the following reasons.
Allowing players to pick which potion they would like to brew would be difficult for the professors/helpers to keep track of who is doing what potion in the case of the player needing help or is missing ingredients. It would also be difficult to give out potions ingredients effectively. For example, if players could choose between 6 potions, that is 6 times the ingredients that the professor needs to hand out and keep track of. Giving that amount of ingredients out would not be ideal.
However, we are currently working on implementing more interactive classes (like the 3rd idea you mentioned) where players can gather their own ingredients.
If players are able to collect their own ingredients, it would be easier for students to collect all the ingredients for one potion than for various different ones (there would be a lot of ingredients to choose from and it would be more cluttered, so finding the correct ingredients could be challenging), so allowing players to choose their potions would be more difficult in this regard as well and professors/helpers would have even more difficulty keeping track of things.

I hope this makes sense in some way and isn't too disappointing. We'll definitely be looking into creating more of those interactive classes so that's something to look forward too :D

Have a lovely day! <3