DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Powder Prices

ohhelloitsnick

Magician
Minecraft IGN: ohhelloitsnick
Auralock Serpent Vampire Werewolf
hi!
something I have noticed is that fire place powder prices are quite expensive for newer users. as someone who has friends who are rather lower levels earning gold can be a little more tricky. I had a thought that maybe the prices could be lower and or higher based on the level you are within the server. Just to go to London you need to buy a lot of powder. You could walk of course but I feel newer users want to kinda just explore the amazing world without having to loose all there gold on one trip. like I said earlier, maybe as you level up the prices can slightly increase. another idea would maybe to make the cost of traveling to the locations slightly less amounts of powder? let me know if you guys have thought <3

Jodelle

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Jodelle
Raven
Hi,
I fully understand that prices may seem more expensive, but the current price seems completely balanced to me. The beginnings of gaining levels are very fast, and most players are usually fully focused on the quests that lead them. From Hogwarts you can get to London or Hogsend very quickly by train using a carriage led by testrals to station or by secret passages. Which most players know from books. And also you have teleportation bag where you can easily set Hogwards and something other. In beggining is for novice a lot of about system, chats, clases, and everything what the server offers, and if they want to explore, it is understandable that it will not be free. I think that this server is about perseverance and not getting everything for cheap. And thanks to that there are people who persevered and form a community.
Moreover, in my opinion, it is not so difficult to make money, and if someone asked me for some powder or even some money, I have no problem giving him some.

The solution, in my opinion, should not be to reduce prices, but give players some powders to start with, for example :)

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
hi!
something I have noticed is that fire place powder prices are quite expensive for newer users. as someone who has friends who are rather lower levels earning gold can be a little more tricky. I had a thought that maybe the prices could be lower and or higher based on the level you are within the server. Just to go to London you need to buy a lot of powder. You could walk of course but I feel newer users want to kinda just explore the amazing world without having to loose all there gold on one trip. like I said earlier, maybe as you level up the prices can slightly increase. another idea would maybe to make the cost of traveling to the locations slightly less amounts of powder? let me know if you guys have thought <3
Hey there! When the Revelius update was first released, I believe Fire Dust (lore term for Floo Powder) was around 10g (I think it was 20, I honestly can't remember) per piece. The price has been drastically lowered. The reason it costs so much (to some it may be a lot, others it may be different) is to encourage exploration of the map the build team spent so much time making. If you want to get somewhere quickly, there are tons of secret passageways throughout the castle (check your location journal!) and mini-quests you can complete as you progress through the leveling system which allows you to travel through certain towns. If you need fire dust, doing chest runs is a great way to get some fast gold! If you look around the castle, you can get chests from 1 to around 6 or 7 gold. I think at this point, lowering the price again would be even more damaging to the economy.

I feel newer users want to kinda just explore the amazing world without having to loose all there gold on one trip.
I wouldn't go as far as to say new players would use all their gold on a single trip, they do tons of quests and usually do daily activities.

Last edited:

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello @ohhelloitsnick!

Thank you for making this suggestion, and thank you for those who shared their feedback on it! After discussing this suggestion with the Leadership team, we have decided to accept it, as we like the general idea the thread is proposing. We would like to make changes to the fire dust network in the future. The changes we make might not look exactly like what has been suggested, but we are aiming to make the costs more attuned to player levels in a sense.

Thank you again and I hope you have a lovely day!

KipxSateee

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: KipxSateee
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Raven SPEW Sr. Poltergeist
Hii @ohhelloitsnick, Jodelle, and aaron,

We are happy to bring you an update. We have decided to phase out the Fire Dust item from the game, meaning all travel within the Fire Dust Network is now free. You can read more about this in the Gameplay Update 1.9.1.

Once again, thank you for bringing this up. If you have any questions about this, please let us know! :)