DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

[Quabbleball] Add a loss to a player that /leaves the game early

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I have noticed this in Quabbleball games lately and have seen multiple people leave a minute until the end of the game or right before it teleports us back to the main world. I kinda think that players who do this are trying to keep their Leaderboard rank by leaving early to avoid a loss if their team was losing - though I could be wrong. Of course they could say that they're leaving because they have to actually leave, but I kinda doubt that as they are either still on the server or join the next game.

First, it's unfair for the players in their team if they leave early since any position in Quabbleball is integral for a team to work - they can still score as a passer or seeker, and defend as a bruiser or defender throughout the game - but if they leave at any time, beginning or end, then it puts the team at a disadvantage.

Second, they were part of the losing team and they should enjoy that loss as much as the players on that same team who go on until the end even when the game teleports us back to the main world.

I know that there's the "Don't throw the game" rule, but how well is that enforced? If a player does it once, does it get logged somewhere so that staff could look them up and see if they have a history of doing it?

Anyway, the suggestion is to add a loss to the player's game stats for Quabbleball if that player does /leave or exits during the game.

Also, I know that there's a glitch on Quabbleball right now that seems to randomly happen to players where they aren't able to talk, throw, or fly, If this suggestion were ever to be considered, then at least fix the bug beforehand.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I agree. Even tho I dont play Quabbleball, the same thing happens to other game like Hide&Seek. When I find someone, they leave the game right after. Also that bug is present in spell wars too, you arent able to use the chat or the wand, I dont know if it was fixed yet but I just want to point it out.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
I totally support this, but its also important to note several people have been crashing more frequently in QB recently - causing people to leave even when they are winning. As well as a lot of the time people quit not because of LB but because of toxicity, which this does not really address.

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
I support this as well. I was actually just in QB and lagged out, but yeah it should count as a loss

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I totally support this, but its also important to note several people have been crashing more frequently in QB recently - causing people to leave even when they are winning. As well as a lot of the time people quit not because of LB but because of toxicity, which this does not really address.
Keira also mentioned this and personally I think that it should count as a loss only when a player does /leave himself.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
Keira also mentioned this and personally I think that it should count as a loss only when a player does /leave himself.
First of all, not sure if this is even possible in code. Second of all, the way it'd be recorded would be if they player leaves the server. People could simply log off and then on and we'd still have that problem.

Loss evasion is technically against the rules, just take a screenshot of the leaving message, make a ticket, and send it to whoever picked your ticket on discord, they'll handle it. I agree with Tall that people normally leave because of toxicity rather than the leaderboard. There isn't an efficient way to moderate loss evasion but I think the systems we have in place better improve the current problem at hand. The one you're suggesting to me personally has too many ways in which it could be unfair. I do agree it is annoying when this happens though.

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there @Psycho,
thank you for bringing up this idea!
I will bring forth your suggestion to my fellow Poltergeists and we'll be looking into this as soon as possible!
We will come back to you once we've reached a decision!
Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

HektorTM

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: HektorTM
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hi there @Psycho,
thank you so much for bringing up this idea!

We've accepted this suggestion since it was already something we wanted to do!
We totally understand that players leaving a Quabbleball game can be very frustrating since every role of the game is important and a player leaving would give that team a big disadvantage.

We currently have a rule for this problem under the "Minigame Rules" section that we enforce:
  • Don’t throw the game.
    This will be considered as trolling and dealt with accordingly. Gamethrowing includes leaving games to put a team at a disadvantage, teaming, revealing information to alive players, refusing to play the game, asking or encouraging others to gamethrow or cheat. If you’re asked by a Staff member to not do something because it throws the game, respect their word.
We are planning on implementing it so that if a player leaves a game early on, they will receive a loss.
If a player sees another player leave the game early on purpose, they can create an in-game ticket to contact a moderation team member!
Again thank you for making this suggestion!
Have a wonderful day!

~Hektor

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Hi there @Psycho,
thank you so much for bringing up this idea!
We've accepted this suggestion since it was already something we wanted to do!
We totally understand that players leaving a Quabbleball game can be very frustrating since every role of the game is important and a player leaving would give that team a big disadvantage.
We currently have a rule for this problem under the "Minigame Rules" section that we enforce:

• Don’t throw the game.
    This will be considered as trolling and dealt with accordingly. Gamethrowing includes leaving games to put a team at a disadvantage, teaming, revealing information to alive players, refusing to play the game, asking or encouraging others to gamethrow or cheat. If you’re asked by a Staff member to not do something because it throws the game, respect their word.
We are planning on implementing it so that if a player leaves a game early on, they will receive a loss.
If a player sees another player leave the game early on purpose, they can create an in-game ticket to contact a moderation team member!
Again thank you for making this suggestion!
Have a wonderful day!

~Hektor

Honestly this rule confuses me more then anything else. Why add a command only to make it not allowed to use it?

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
the problem with this is that /leave is usually only used when there are extremely toxic people in the game or when better players leave to loss evade. and even then, that barely ever happens. other times, casual players /leave when a game seems to hopeless to continue playing in, and still, this barely occurs.

disconnecting and lagging out is a bigger issue, but it can't be handled within pw and is more of a mc issue, and it doesn't use /leave. as tall said, i think that it would be much better if the /leave command was just disabled within the game and let those who want to leave disconnect from pw altogether.

personally, i don't really care if someone /leaves, whether it be on my team or theirs, because
1) if it's too toxic, i'd leave anyway (leaving bc of toxicity)
2) if someone thinks it'd be impossible to win in a situation and leaves, chances are, i think so too so it wouldn't make much of a difference (leaving out of hopelessness)
3) i don't play to make others lose, i play to win for myself- it doesn't matter if the other team loses a player because that would just give my team a better chance of winning (leaving to loss evade)

and yeah as someone said up in the thread please fix the bugs :):):):)
ive literally left so many games bc of the bugs that make it either impossible or just not fun to play with
examples:
- no flying, no playing, no chatting
- glitching out and the game giving you 15 wins/losses
- invis player glitch
- disappearing ball
- 'green team' 'red team' has scored despite there not being goals literally anywhere
- literally crashing / freezing out of nowhere

tldr JUST REMOVE /LEAVE

renne

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Reneelogies
Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
hi, I agree with both Mayu and tall. Why include a command only to not allow it?
I think adding this mechanism is inconsiderate and pointless because not all players /leave a game to loss evade or troll.

There's a bunch of other reasons as to why players /leave a game early on.
Players leave because of the toxicity and negativity. As someone who plays quabbleball every day, I can assure you that the qb community gets very toxic. New players often join and say rude things or don't know how to play and don't follow the rules. Other times, It's the same reoccurring players who are reported, but nothing happens and they still continue doing the same thing. This also includes leaving because of being put against a good team and feeling hopeless.

The other majority leave because of glitches. These include the no magic, invisible player, the game getting 'stuck' glitch, and etc (the ones that mayu listed). imo I would suggest working on these first instead of rushing to add losses to whoever leaves a game. Not to add, the most obvious reason for leaving is for irl emergencies, personal issues, leaving to not miss class queues, lag, and a high ping.

If players really want to troll I doubt 'adding a loss to every /leave' would stop them. Same with loss evading; people will still find creative ways to leave a game.

To sum it up, I disagree with this because, /leave isn't always used for trolling, To add a loss every time someone leaves early on is inconsiderate to the players who have to leave for emergencies or glitches, and I doubt adding this rule will do much. The command is also there for a reason. If this rule is going to be added, you might as well get rid of /leave.

Finally, I'm wondering if this rule is going to be applied to the other minigames. I know that players, not only in quabbleball, will game throw, which is considered against the rules. I believe if this rule is going to be applied to quabbleball it should apply to the rest of the minigames as well.

Last edited:

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
id like to add on, if I have hypothetically left a game I was losing its hypothetically always because i was hypothetically tilting and rage quit, not to hypothetically loss evade

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
id like to add on, if I have hypothetically left a game I was losing its hypothetically always because i was hypothetically tilting and rage quit, not to hypothetically loss evade
yeas hypothetically tilting is a bigger hypothetical issue/cause of hypothetically /leaving rather than hypothetically wanting to hypothetically loss evade

Magma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: MagmaC4
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf SPEW
how about just give players the win or loss they would've gotten if they had stayed in the game, kinda like bedwars

also if you are so concerned about getting a loss because you left a game for a bug, how common are those bugs? i haven't played quabbleball actively at all, but when I did i never experienced those bugs. if its so rare that people leave for loss evading/trolling, how rare do those bugs occur that it outweighs adding a loss to the player?

a lot of games punish players for leaving regardless of if its up to them or not, like League of Legends, CS:GO, Valorant, etc. and those punishments are bans for like an hour, in quabbleball its literally just a single loss on ur stats.

if you do get toxic teammates and you have labymod just blacklist their chats by hiding messages including their name. or alternatively, just realize that their messages mean as much as you care about them

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Currently it's only been completed for quabbleball, due to the team aspect of it, but it will be done for the other minigames soon as well.