DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Quabbleball Teams

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
So I have heard that quabbleball teams are removed! While I think this is a great idea to promote fairness and integration within the PotterWorld community, I think that this may get rid of the option for if 8 people decide to join a game and fight against themselves for fun in a friendly. This update does not allow for player ran quabbleball tournament to happen, as people are unable to choose their teams. The old system allows for people to choose their teams, and if not you were put in a random team automatically. This means that people were allowed to choose if they wanted to be sorted first, and then put into a random game second.

So I propose that instead of removing teams completely, it should be done a different way. People can still choose teams, but teams will only be set if everyone in the game chooses to be in a team. If even one person doesn't choose a team, teams will be set to random automatically, regardless of team choice. This way, it does not completely remove the opportunity of player ran quabbleball competitions, while still allowing for fairness for people who do not want to play against 4 people who automatically team up. I feel like this will permit for a better community, with the option for the choice!!

Chance

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chancywancywoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hey there, 1psaonly! Thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion. We are always looking for ways to improve the server, and we love seeing your thoughts and ideas! I will now share your suggestion with the rest of the Poltergeist team, where we will carefully consider it. Once we have reached a conclusion, I will inform you of our decision, so make sure to keep an eye on this thread for any further responses! As always, stay safe and have a magical day!

Chance

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chancywancywoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello again, @1psaonly , and sorry for the long wait!

After careful consideration, your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. This is because our reason for randomizing the teams is still set in stone. We sent out a poll a few months back asking if teams should be randomized or not and randomizing won said poll (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/make-qb-teams-random.5812/). Additionally, this was done for balancing purposes to ensure players have a solid chance of winning due to the rotation of players. I'd like to thank you again for making this suggestion, and despite this being declined, we hope you continue to make more suggestions in the future!

Have a magical day!
Chance