DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Rebalance Reputation and Token Shop Prices

Scientin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Scientin
Griffin Phoenix
Reputation, one of the newest features of the server, currently shares a problem with one of the oldest features of the server, that being the vote token shop. Both systems haven't had any change in the prices of their rewards in the time they've been around, but at the same time the amount of reputation and vote tokens you can earn have decreased since both were first released.
When reputation tasks gave a random amount from 10-15, that equaled an average of 12.5 reputation per task. For most people like myself who are busy with schoolwork, clubs, and other responsibilities, it's feasible to do 6 tasks a day. Under the old system, you could reach the highest reward for a single town this way in 46.6 days, so about a month and a half. But now that it's been standardized to 10, it would take 58.3 days, or roughly two whole months per town! Assuming you do 6 tasks per day, every day, with no sick days or vacations or slips of the mind, we've gone from 13.5 months (a little over a year) to 18 months to complete reputation for all the current towns!!
Similarly for vote tokens, originally one could vote 7 times a day to get 70 tokens. Due to issues with the various voting sites, that number has now dropped to 4, just a little over half the original amount. To obtain the most expensive items in the shop, the house flare spells, originally would've taken about 23 days, but now it takes 40!
Due to these various circumstances, it takes more time than ever now to obtain reputation and voting rewards, far more than was originally intended when these mechanics were first introduced. As a result, I feel it is high time the prices for each set of rewards gets adjusted to better match the time it used to take to obtain each reward. I feel this would be very helpful for players who, like me, have limited time each day to play on Potterworld, and that it would be more fair than the current setup.

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
@Scientin What do you feel would be an appropriate # of days to gain enough rep for one town? (Not saying we're going to do it etc, but I'm wondering if there's a general ballpark you're suggesting it be decreased to) Something we'd need to figure out as well IF anything is decreased would be how to compensate the crazy players that have put in an insane grind for all the rewards already. Just something to discuss here if anyone has thoughts or feedback on that part of it.

Scientin

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Scientin
Griffin Phoenix
@Scientin What do you feel would be an appropriate # of days to gain enough rep for one town? (Not saying we're going to do it etc, but I'm wondering if there's a general ballpark you're suggesting it be decreased to) Something we'd need to figure out as well IF anything is decreased would be how to compensate the crazy players that have put in an insane grind for all the rewards already. Just something to discuss here if anyone has thoughts or feedback on that part of it.
I think something similar to the original average time of 46.6 days would be fair, especially since I imagine most of the people who grinded out all the towns quickly did so before the reputation amounts got standardized to 10. So perhaps something like 12 or 13 reputation per task would do it?

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
it takes more time than ever now to obtain reputation and voting rewards
My suggestion about reducing voting shop prices is on hold so I hope they fix that part soon. I'll not comment on reputations since I already put out my thoughts on those.

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Unsure why you guys need to compensate the players that already finished their reputation rounds since the players who did finish before the change to 10 rep already had the advantage of receiving a range of 10-15 rep per task. Would that mean that you guys will compensate the players who bought the first round of prototype backpacks that didn't work out?

Maybe alternate the final amounts for each town - like 3500 for Hogsend, 3000 for Diagon Alley, 3500 for Portstead, 3000 for Edgebrook, etc.
Or base it off of what the final reward is - 3000 for pets or hats and 3500 for housing sceneries.

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hiya @Scientin!

Thank you for creating these suggestions and sharing them with us, as we're always trying to find ways to improve the server and make it enjoyable for everyone. I will have the suggestion about balancing Reputation be brought up to the Poltergeist team. Regarding the other suggestion about the tokens for the Voting Shop, a slightly similar suggestion was brought up and accepted, which Ivan mentioned. You can read more about it here if you'd like! Once the Leadership team has made a decision, I will return to you with a response, so keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you again, and I hope you have a great day!

Aglyn

Graduate
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Aglyn
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Class Design Arena Grandmaster SPEW Academics Advisor
Hello @Scientin

I have arrived with some sad news! Unfortunately, this suggestion has been declined,
While we understand that the rewards of reputation take longer to unlock, the reputation content is not here for only a limited time and every player will have infinity time to unlock these rewards. The rewards were changed shortly into the release of reputations, but they were only changed slightly, and the change does not impact the time that it takes to receive these reputation rewards.

Additionally, as mentioned above the voting token prices will be changed with a revamp.

Thank you for creating this suggestion, we appreciate it! Although this suggestion has been declined, we hope this does not discourage you into making future suggestions!

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!