DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Revelius and Ingredients

Would you like to see your ingredients reimbursed?

• Total voters

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Having spoken earlier with people on the server - I found that the plan was to remove all the ingredients with no loot bag replacement (like there would usually be after an ingredient change) and that 1g for each ingredient that was taken, isn't fair.

I'm here to ask why it isn't fair - that someone who plays a lot on the server who has saved up a lot of ingredients in their store to be reimbursed for their hard work and time spent on the server. I don't particularly have a lot of ingredients - but I've saved some up with the idea of eventually using them, and now, like you had planned with the brooms. you are going to take that hard work away from us.

What I think would be unfair is if the people who keep the server what it is, who are on daily, helping people and doing their chest runs.... and voting for you! to lose their hard work with nothing to show for the hours they have put in.

What would be fair would be either -

A). Not ideal, but I won't argue with 1g per item, at least it shows you care about the time we spend here.
or
B). In times where ingredients have changed in the past, loot bags have been given to replace what you have taken. 1 ingredient = a 1 item loot bag, seems like the most fair option for all parties.

I think you made a great decision in looking at how you were working Revelius and the brooms, but under the same principal - then taking the ingredients without reimbursing players is wrong.

Thanks for your time,
Joe_Magus

Last edited:

Aviforma

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aviforma
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
I personally prefer the first option, or giving gold equivalent to prices at Collectors. I know the economy would slightly inflate, but these are pre-existing ingame transactions. The only reason players aren't doing it right now is it takes a long time to click each ingredient, especially if you have a range of them.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I don't think this is the same as taking brooms. With the brooms, players could not do anything with them. They would just become collectables. However, in this situation players are able to sell to collectors to get some of their gold back. If they really care about it, they would sell their ingredients now, before the update.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
for some people that is hours of work, why should they have to work any harder? They've already earnt their ingredients - why should they spend hours more for something that is not their doing?

Scoobydoolego

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Scoobydoolego
Honeybadger
I think that the reasoning behind ingredients becoming useless and not being reimbursed while brooms are being kept is that brooms are used continuously. Ingredients are used once and then discarded. Therefore, if you have a bunch of ingredients, then you're not even using them, so why should you be reimbursed? If you really care about it, you can just sell your ingredients or use them up before the update comes out.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
There are many people who would care to disagree - I planned to use my ingredients - and still will try to use them, but the point of having an ingredient store is to fill it with ingredients so they are there for use when you need them. Surely, a full store (which shows how hard someone has worked) should stay full, or you should give that person the means to purchase back ingredients to refill their stores.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If you really care about it, you can just sell your ingredients or use them up before the update comes out.
I agree with what Scooby says here. All ingredients can be sold to Collector NPCs. If you're too high level for the ingredients that can be sold to oakport or blackwater collectors, you can try to strike a deal with a low level; that is to say, you pay them for selling your ingredients and returning your money.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
It is besides the point though! It isn't a case of being able to sell them, the question is the reasoning behind the decision - of it being unfair.

How is it unfair that someone who has put time into building up an ingredients store to be given some compensation for the hours they're losing, but rather fair for them to have all of that potential wealth stripped from them and ingredients-wise equal to that of a brand-new player. Seems like the idea of fair is distorted.

My point was never about being able to sell them - which as you've said if your a maxed out level you can barely sell half of the items! But one of that the idea to not reimburse or replace the ingredients (and I'll state again - as they've done in previous updates!) is actually the unfair option and therefore the idea should be possibly revised?

Basically, you're here saying that we can sell some of them, which is all well and good - but would you not like it if the ingredients you currently have and can't sell were reimbursed or replaced with a 1-item or low level loot bag? I can't see why you would even argue against that? and although you may disagree there are a lot of people, that I know of, that would care to disagree with you, like I have said.

I'm not even asking for the idea to be revised, just that the developers maybe ask the player base their opinion.
I appreciate your input though!

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I don't think this is the same as taking brooms. With the brooms, players could not do anything with them. They would just become collectables.
and as you've said here - yes, they would of become collectables - but even before the decision change, collectables was better than nothing.

nathan1e

Animorphus
It is besides the point though! It isn't a case of being able to sell them, the question is the reasoning behind the decision - of it being unfair.
How is it besides the point? You're discussing the removal of the current ingredients with the revelius update, and I'm merely sharing my opinion on exactly that subject. I think the fact that you are able to sell them has had a huge impact on the decision not to replace/compensate for these items.

How is it unfair that someone who has put time into building up an ingredients store to be given some compensation for the hours they're losing, but rather fair for them to have all of that potential wealth stripped from them and ingredients-wise equal to that of a brand-new player. Seems like the idea of fair is distorted.
You're saying this like all items are going to be lost with no possibility of players getting any gold out of it. But as I've said, there is still the possibility of selling those items which means that hours aren't lost. It's fair that these items aren't reimbursed or replaced because the playerbase has been notified over a month prior to the actual update taking place, meaning everyone has plenty of time to get rid of their old ingredients through these collector NPCs before they are completely and utterly removed.
I therefore do not agree with "potential wealth" being stripped from players. If you're talking about the potential gold they could have gotten from selling it in their shop: those items are going to shift in value a lot after the update. Players would no longer be actively needing them for professions, and they would become unobtainable, meaning that the "potential wealth" would inflate. Instead, players are given the opportunity to accept that their ingredients are not going to be sold through their shop and they can still get a good amount of gold for the hours of work they spent gathering their materials through the collectors. This may not be as much as they'd get if they sold their items through their shop, but again, it's better than getting nothing at all.
Furthermore: the professions reset was announced ages ago. I seem to remember it was announced during the April 2019 HS Q&A, but it could even have been earlier. Players have had over a year to anticipate the removal of the removal of their ingredients, and plan their strategies accordingly.

My point was never about being able to sell them - which as you've said if your a maxed out level you can barely sell half of the items! But one of that the idea to not reimburse or replace the ingredients (and I'll state again - as they've done in previous updates!) is actually the unfair option and therefore the idea should be possibly revised?
Please don't misquote me. I never said that "if your a maxed out level you can barely sell half of the items", I said that for players above level 32 it is possible to sell their oakport and blackwater items, which is roughly 40% of the total amount of ingredients, through lower level players via a trade. The fact that ingredients have been reimbursed or replaced in previous updates does not mean that this should be done again. I may be wrong but I do not remember an ingredient reset being announced for the exploration update, meaning players weren't actually able to anticipate this, meaning it was a lot fairer to reimburse back then. But even if that weren't the case: the staff team has, as far as I've gathered, put a lot of time and effort into the update that will come to PW in about a month. They put in a lot of effort and a lot of detail that they would like all players to experience, which is why they feel it necessary to reset certain features of the game. Some of those resets were heavily protested against by some of the players, including myself, which lead to changes being made to the plans. I personally feel like this is not the type of reset worth protesting against, as players have enough opportunity to be compensated for their efforts, as I've said in my previous post.

Basically, you're here saying that we can sell some of them, which is all well and good - but would you not like it if the ingredients you currently have and can't sell were reimbursed or replaced with a 1-item or low level loot bag? I can't see why you would even argue against that? and although you may disagree there are a lot of people, that I know of, that would care to disagree with you, like I have said.
What do you mean by "the ingredients you currently have and can't sell"? I can easily sell them by contacting a low level player and offering some gold for them to sell my items to the collectors. It makes both myself and this low level player happy; no harm done.
Furthermore, I did not argue against your suggestion to replace items with lootbag replacers. I've simply said that the possibility still exists to sell your items to a collector, no matter what type of item.
If there are people disagreeing with me, that's fine. I invite them to come here and tell me why, as that's what a forum is for.

I'm not even asking for the idea to be revised, just that the developers maybe ask the player base their opinion.
I appreciate your input though!
The developers have already asked the playerbase for their opinion. At the end of the Revelius Q&A, Flip invited players to leave their feedback on the forums, if they felt that was necessary. It's exactly what you're doing now, so what's the problem?

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
I would be more concerned about the Profession Items that are made such as the plants or potions (not the ingredients). I think it was mentioned that these items get removed from our inventory if we scroll on them and that they become useless.

Players should get some sort of compensation for the profession items because that's where they took the most time and effort. Right now, they can try to resell them in the Marketplace, but the demand for profession items is so low, that the cost to make one item is higher than the cost to sell them.

I don't mind about the ingredients because I could try to offload them to a low level player, but I'd be more annoyed that the Profession Items that I waited minutes to hours to create ended up becoming obsolete. Compensate those items instead of removing them.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
How is it besides the point? You're discussing the removal of the current ingredients with the revelius update, and I'm merely sharing my opinion on exactly that subject.
Because the point of the thread wasn't about the removal of the items - It was about the decision being decided based on what's "fair" - which as I have accepted your opinion - my opinion is that it isn't fair. I never repressed your opinion - even thanked you for you're input.

April 2019 HS Q&A
Great for people here in April 2019 (y) Not so great for people who were inactive between 2018 and now :D

Please don't misquote me.
Apologies - as I understood it - if you are a high level you cant sell to Oakport or Blackwater? meaning the items earned from here can't be sold - and as youve just said - and to make sure I get this right thats about
40% of the total amount of ingredients
which would be like I said -
barely sell half of the items
I may of misunderstood - If I'm wrong please correct me but 60% is barely half.

players have enough opportunity to be compensated for their efforts
Understood - as I've said - Haven't been here until like 2 months ago - I didn't personally know until now - and I still see people cropping up daily who are learning new things about the update.

If there are people disagreeing with me, that's fine. I invite them to come here and tell me why, as that's what a forum is for.
I agree, and people have Aviforma has posted and people have liked the post - people in chat have agreed and I will send more your way C:

At the end of the Revelius Q&A, Flip invited players to leave their feedback on the forums
And here I am leaving feedback... Having just learnt of the decision to not reimburse loot - I honestly thought it was a given, due to previous updates.

Thanks for your reply again, but I think altogether - you're off of my point again - I understand you can go and sell your ingredients or as you've said - waste your time and gold paying lower levels to do it xD but why, after all the work I've put in, should I have to now work harder to only lose out on what I've earned? When all ingredients could quite easily be replaced by a loot bag. The decision was one based on what is "fair" - but the decision itself is a contradiction to that. I think the reasoning behind it is flawed, therefore in my opinion I think it should be looked at, I'm not bothered for the gold... I wanted a full ingredient store - that was my aim, I honestly would just love a loot bag and be done with it xD

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Talking from a technical standpoint - I do not think there is enough time to go through and make every single item turn into a level-specific loot bag. Plus by doing this you're practically taking away gameplay and giving yourself less things to do. I personally think it would be more fun to experience the new gameplay (especially gear and professions as thats what the materials are being used for) fresh.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Thanks for your technical input! Honestly my ingredients weren't for me they were for the use of many people should they need them. My aim was to build up a large store so that I could "Feed the Boys!" as you may say here in the UK :) It's a bit diheartening to find out now so close to Revelius launch that all the hard work I've put it for the benefit of everyone else will be lost and the only way to get anything back from that is to put in hours more, mundane, tap. click. tap. click. to sell loads of ingredients because they can't be sold in bulk.

As you've said -
I do not think there is enough time to go through and make every single item turn into a level-specific loot bag.
But, to turn each item into 1 Gold would be rather simple, no? For the sake of people not having to struggle with mass-selling to collectors

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Yes, it is rather simple to do but would be very time-consuming and tedious due to the number of material items we have and we simply do not have enough time. It may also be exploited as players may stock up on low-level items which are easy to get for them to get an abundance of money after. Trying to avoid this exploit would add to the amount of time this would already take to have every item turn into gold.

We're already trying to compensate for players accomplishments, such as brooms being kept and profession prefixes staying but in this case, this would simply take too long and the release date is approaching fast. I hope you understand that we do care and we do try to make everything enjoyable and efficient for players :)

Aurora

Potterworld Legend
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Invisibilia
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Grounds Keeper Phoenix Raven Vampire Werewolf Wizencouncil Class Helper SPEW Sr. Prefect
Hello everyone!
Thanks for bringing forth your ideas and discussing them! We really appreciate it.
As there is already another thread about this, here that is currently under review, I will be marking this thread as a duplicate. Any additional topics from this thread will be incorporated into the other one.
Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

nathan1e

Animorphus
Hello everyone!
Thanks for bringing forth your ideas and discussing them! We really appreciate it.
As there is already another thread about this, here that is currently undér review, I will be marking this thread as a duplicate. Any additional topics from this thread will be incorporated into the other one.
Have a wonderful day!
Wow, I've never seen a suggestion undér review before!

All jokes aside, I must agree with Joe here. I find it extremely odd that this thread, which was posted much earlier and has a lot more replies going in-depth on this topic, is deemed as the "duplicate" whereas the actual duplicate is deemed as the "original suggestion".