DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Reward for Restricted Section parkour

Kidda

Magician
Minecraft IGN: vampire127
Griffin
Many people when questioned in chat said that the benefit of doing the parkour in the Library wasn't worth it. So I thought that it would be pretty cool if that you got into the restricted section from doing the parkour you got rewarded with a new spell perhaps a curse due to it being in the restricted section. I don't know which spell would be useful to reward but i'm sure that if you read some books in the restricted section in HP you would definitely come away from it knowing some new spells *cough* tom riddle*cough* :D. More rewarding prizes for Parkour would definitely make the struggle of them worth it.
Thanks for reading.

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
I think this is a cute idea, but I think it seems like a spell is quite a big reward. Another issue would be how would the people who have already done the parkour get this reward? The parkour is quite difficult. I believe the Unspeakables and Systems Team are working on other ways to get new spells as well.

Kidda

Magician
Griffin
I think this is a cute idea, but I think it seems like a spell is quite a big reward. Another issue would be how would the people who have already done the parkour get this reward? The parkour is quite difficult. I believe the Unspeakables and Systems Team are working on other ways to get new spells as well.
I've yet to complete the parkour myself but when I tried opening the door it said it required a key, I was then told that you had to do parkour to get inside. So I was under the impression that once the parkour had been done you got a key which allowed you to go back whenever. Yes a new spell would also be a very big reward so perhaps there is more gold at the end of the parkour to make it more attracting?
Thank you for your reply! :)

MattyPoltergeist

Professor
Minecraft IGN: MattyPoltergeist
Serpent Werewolf
I've yet to complete the parkour myself but when I tried opening the door it said it required a key, I was then told that you had to do parkour to get inside. So I was under the impression that once the parkour had been done you got a key which allowed you to go back whenever. Yes a new spell would also be a very big reward so perhaps there is more gold at the end of the parkour to make it more attracting?
people would just open it for people who hadn't done it
Maybe they cud put a few of the dark books (that they probably already have in the library) in there but then again books is not that much of a compelling reward

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
That is correct; once you complete the parkour you receive a key to the restricted section. However, the restricted section parkour is a side quest, and is completely optional, and won't effect your gameplay experience like some quests might (Seeing as quests are the main source of gold atm). Theres also the fact that the other side quests (the Philosopher's Stone room, and the Chamber of Mysteries) award an item. I personally find that gold is something you spend and it's pretty quick. If the reward were to be gold, it would have to be a significant amount, which could cause an unbalance in the economy (Which we have enough of lol), but once again, the point still stands that having a gold reward for a side quest could be discouraging as it's a completely different reward than the other side quests.

Chance

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chancywancywoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Heya @Kidda ! Thank you so much for taking the time to bring up this suggestion! Player feedback and suggestions mean a lot to us, and we love seeing your thoughts and ideas! I will discuss this suggestion with my fellow Poltergeists and we will carefully consider it. We'll reply to this thread once a decision has been made, so make sure to keep an eye out for any further responses! Stay safe, and have a very magical day!

Chance

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: chancywancywoo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Hello again, @Kidda !

After careful consideration, your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. The reason for this is we feel it would be unfair for players who are not able to complete this parkour. While we understand the frustrations with the Library Parkour, rewarding players with a spell is not something we feel is right. However, we are currently planning on adding something to the restricted section for players who are able to complete the parkour. There was a suggestion previously (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/add-books-to-the-restricted-section.5885/) that had a similar concept and was accepted, but we are still unsure what exactly we will be adding or when. I'd like to thank you again for making this suggestion, and despite this being declined, we hope you continue to make more suggestions in the future!

Have a magical day!
Chance

Kidda

Magician
Griffin
Hello again, @Kidda !

After careful consideration, your suggestion has unfortunately been declined. The reason for this is we feel it would be unfair for players who are not able to complete this parkour. While we understand the frustrations with the Library Parkour, rewarding players with a spell is not something we feel is right. However, we are currently planning on adding something to the restricted section for players who are able to complete the parkour. There was a suggestion previously (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/add-books-to-the-restricted-section.5885/) that had a similar concept and was accepted, but we are still unsure what exactly we will be adding or when. I'd like to thank you again for making this suggestion, and despite this being declined, we hope you continue to make more suggestions in the future!

Have a magical day!
Chance
Thanks for taking it into consideration <3