DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Selling Gear Recipes and Gear pieces Suggestion

Do you think this change would benefit you as a player or benefit someone you know?

• Yes

• No

• No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

DoritoDealer

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: DoritoDealer
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Vampire
Hello, so I am pretty regularly on the server, I duel a lot which you might know. But to duel, everyone has to get gear which you do by grinding mobs. I help people get gear sets pretty often, whether it's my friends or someone asking me about it directly to help them out. And to get the gear sets as you know, you have to grind, pretty hard too. Even to get mediocre stuff which is what some people want who aren't picky. But when you grind you, unfortunately, get a lot of common things that are pretty much worthless and sometimes some rare things that you aren't going to use either, in fact, any gear recipe you get from mobs that you do not want COULD go into storage if you really want to. Luckily there is an option in the vendor where you can sell all the gear recipes you don't want. However, I have found, that with an hour of grinding, sometimes more, going one at a time to sell them is not efficient. Because I was lazy I just took everything I have and stored them into my chests and even sometimes dumped them into the disposal because I am extra lazy. I spent a whole hour just selling recipes because you have to go one at a time. While this suggestion might seem to be pretty unnecessary because of the certain situation that I am in. I talked to several people that I know who have shops with gear recipes that they sell or do the same thing I do where I help my friends get gear recipes. I spoke to 12 people in total about it and asked if they thought it was inconvenient or annoying, and every single one of them agreed with me. (Some more than others of course but still) Adding something like a sell all that you could click (Even though I know that you can accidentally sell a gear piece or something) could be useful. Or maybe a different menu that you could put everything that you want to sell into one menu and it would automatically come out with the right pricing if you sold all could work? The last thing I want to say is that I know how many gear pieces there are and how the prices fluctuate so adding in the code to do the last suggestion is very extreme but it was a thought I had. for a vast majority of people on the server they wouldn't really benefit from a change like this so it might only make a smaller portion of the community happy, but I think it's worth it in the same way that the heal NPC at the dueling halls benefit a specific community, but it's beneficial in my eyes. If this ends up being unnecessary then sorry :)

Thanks for your consideration and if you have any questions my discord is DoritoDealer#4031

Last edited:

mayu lettuce

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: mommymayu
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I think this is a great suggestion (and not unnecessary at all smh)! This change would be beneficial and convenient to most players too, since it's not just the duelists that grind for materials and gear recipes (and getting gear for any year is painful o.o). I don't know if the staff is going to put this high on the priority list, and this change would probably be treated more like a quality of life update. But, I hope this update will be carried out quickly (esp since there's already a similar system to what Dorito is suggesting in the Marketplace GUI).

Tara Silvius

Librarian
Staff
Minecraft IGN: SLGTara
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf Jr. Professor Class Design Sr. Game Designer
Hello, @DoritoDealer!

Thank you for taking the time to create this suggestion, as we’re always looking for ways to improve the server. Unfortunately, this thread is similar to the one here, which has been denied. This is due to the complicated tech that this requires, making it impossible at the moment. Although, we are finding ways to work around this issue. In the thread here, which has been accepted and put on hold, it’ll fix the inconvenience of the GUI closing every time you sell something. Therefore, your suggestion will be considered as a duplicate, but despite this, I hope you continue to make more suggestions in the near future!

Have a nice day!