DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Travel issue

What are your opinions on the current travel system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
First of all I will focus on the reasons why the travel system was changed. Staff team wanted to encourage players to explore and "to put more emphasis on physical travel now with the inclusion of the world map". Personally I'm not encouraged to explore, I am totally discouraged to do so. Physical travel takes a long time and isn't so easy , and after all it's not a fun thing to do. The cooldown on the warp key bag is ridiculous, and we can only choose one warp. That just makes me to stay in one place as much as I can. Floo network is extremely expensive. I feel like I'm being forced to explore, and I'm forced to go everywhere by walking. I don't know why the exploration was an issue, people always explored even when we had floo network. And after all, what will happen when people are done with exploring? I'm sure they won't spend thousands of gold to get around the map. They will just try to stay in one place as much as they can. This is a even bigger problem for new players who are the ones who should explore the most. In the Harry Potter universe, most wizards can teleport to most places at any time. Another thing that I don't understand is that staff team wanted to promote physical travel, yet when you go to a phone booth in London, you automatically get teleported to the Ministry / when you right click on the cart in the bank, you automatically get teleported to the bank vaults/ when you go to the bus in front of King's cross you automatically get teleported to a place you chose.
Now I have a suggestion that would still make people want to explore but it would profit you in a long run.
Suggestion - bringing back Warp Key Bags with the old Marauders maps feature. You would have a warp key bag and whenever you discover a new location you would need to finish a quest there in order to get the warp as a reward. This way, you still need to find, explore and finish a quest in that location in order to get the warp. There would be many warps and they wouldn't have a cooldown. Floo network would have some exclusive warps, for example the new towns that you can teleport to from any fireplace using the floo powder that would have a fair price, something that you would pay for so you don't have to walk there from the nearest point where you can get with your warp key bag. I'm sure that people would want to get all the warps, and in order to do that they would have to explore the whole map.
I will make a poll to let the players vote. ATTENTION - I would ask the staff team TO NOT vote on this poll. The reason behind that is that I believe that staff team members have a different perspective and can't truly feel the struggles of an average player

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
P.S I said in the pole I hate the travel system now. This is not entirely true but it was the closest option <3

I have my Fireflash broom from before Revelius (YIPEE!). Without it, I doubt I'd travel that much, and spend most of my time around Hogwarts. Without my broom, travelling almost anywhere would take ages, and I would probably die a lot; either from fall damage (im clumsy okay) or from mobs. My broom allows me to fly safely above the mobs and focus on getting to my desired destination.

I have a big issue with how travelling is now, and I hope that something similar (if not just plainly what you suggested) will be implemented. Luckily, I have a fair amount of gold so I can buy Fire Dust. However, I am very quickly running out of gold, so I cannot spend lots on Fire Dust. In my opinion, the new travelling system has discouraged exploration more than it has encouraged it (Ivan stated above).

I have also said this on another post, but staff do not ask us specifically what we, the player base, would like. Instead, we must wait until we are given information about what is to come or when it has arrived, before we can comment our opinions on what will be happening. What if the player base didn't want gear? What if we didn't want the texture pack changed? We have to wait before we can share our opinions. I understand that staff want things to be a surprise, but I think it's only fair that they simply ask us what we'd like to see. After all, without the players there is no PotterWorld. I know we can suggest things on the forums, but staff will go with what they think. Staff have put a lot of effort in this update (thanks for all your hard work!), but there are things some of us dislike. I know some people have said they will be leaving the server due to this update. I won't, however I do agree with them.

If you disagree with me, that's fine <3

Last edited:

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I believe that staff team members have a different perspective and can't truly feel the struggles of an average player
I would strongly disagree on this, even high ranked staff get absolutely no privileges at all when it comes to navigation and travel, so when it comes to the context of your argument, I don't believe this is a necessary statement at all, because it's just not true.

Floo network is extremely expensive. I feel like I'm being forced to explore, and I'm forced to go everywhere by walking
I'd like to quote @MattyPoltergeist for this particular issue, I agree with what he said previously on a forum post.
What you see below is all Matty's words

"There are several quick ways to London from Hogsworth :D To name the ones I can think of:

-The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Hidden Things (-112 97), it's a bit awkward to get in atm like this suggestion (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/m...hing-cabinet-more-consistent.4545/#post-44735 . This takes you to Shade Alley

-Hogsend Train Station, (look on the map). You can get to Hogsend quickly with the Wicked Willow, Libary Statue, Boathouse Quest and Room of Refuge Painting. This takes you to Kings Cross.

-Firedust (obviously)

-You can also set your spawn point in London as there are many ways there to get to Hogsworth (I have done this).

Hope this helps"

My response:

I agree with Matty, there are tons of free ways to get around as he mentioned, and I have personally explored a lot of the map without even having to use fire dust.

Suggestion - bringing back Warp Key Bags with the old Marauders maps feature.
I would agree that adding more warps on the warp key bag, would be a great idea regardless. But just not ALL the warps we had previously. That would be too much in my eyes.

Last edited:

Spooky

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: SpookyUnicrn
Dark Follower Serpent
I voted for the wrong option on this poll (whoops), so I'd just like to clarify my opinion. I think the new travel system is quite interesting and has created a new sense of magic on Potterworld, it's quite fun to fly around on brooms and seeing other players doing so around you - for me anyway it creates more a sense of community and often quite humorous to see groups of students flying around.

I've been a part of this server for a very long time and before the update I never realised just how much I didn't know my way around the map! I've always depended very much on my warp key bag and as a result never payed much attention to exploration, however in the past few days I believe I have seen much more of the map than I have done in many years, and it gives the build team a chance to show off the efforts they've made into providing us with amazing builds. I believe this is a really exciting opportunity for anyone, and in particular it would be for new players who have joined the server as it will truly immerse them in the magical universe, with them being able to manually accommodate themselves with the server, much like Harry Potter did during his first few years at Hogwarts, and use all of the methods of travel from the movies and books as they progress and earn gold.

Currently I'm on the 5th year quests and have yet to use the fireplace network, although travelling by broom is quite slow and laborious at the moment it isn't awful and I'm sure when it's possible to upgrade my broom this will make travel even easier. I've found setting somewhere central on the map like London quite useful as from there it is possible to travel to many of the other locations without too much bother, using some of the free transport systems available. Although I can't think of any, I am sure if there are other convenient transport methods between two locations that are justifiable from Harry Potter lore (like the current suggestion for boat travel between Hogsworth and Hogsend), the developers will be happy to consider these and implement them where feasible.

I also don't have any issues with the 10 minute cooldown on the warp key bag right now as I normally never have to warp somewhere that urgently, however I can see the benefit of allowing someone to set a few more warps around the map and would hope for a feature like this in a future update, purchasable by gold or academic credits. Similar to this, I'd also like to see the option for more inventory space available in the future, and I'm sure the staff are very welcome to suggestions of this sort.

Last edited:

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I've been a part of this server for a very long time and before the update I never realised just how much I didn't know my way around the map! I've always depended very much on my warp key bag and as a result never payed much attention to exploration, however in the past few days I believe I have seen much more of the map than I have done in many years, and it gives the build team a chance to show off the efforts they've made into providing us with amazing builds.
I do understand what you mean! Yes, it is very enjoyable to fly around and look at all the cool builds. Both sides have good points. I just (personally) dislike how travelling by broom (or even walking, if you sadly do not have a broom!) takes so long. I would rather I could get to where I'd like to be quicker so that I can spend more time doing the fun things that I want to do, rather than spending a lot of my time trying to get to an area.

there are tons of free ways to get around as he mentioned, and I have personally explored a lot of the map without even having to use fire dust.
I get this, yep! But not everybody knows these fast "free ways". They are helpful if you know them, though. I don't know many of these ways. The only "free ways" I know are the Knight Bus, and the train to London (that I can think of off the top of my head). I know that flying is one of the "free ways" but as I said, it takes a while and eventually gets boring, and Fire Dust is expensive.

As I said, both sides have good points!

Last edited:

Joel Crestello

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Joelowo
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Just want to point out on a particular thing in this post.

We staff members do not play the game any differently than the average player does. Our ranks and roles on the server do not give us any privileges in terms of gameplay. Some of us may have contributed to the update, especially those who are in Game Design and the Development team, but that does not mean we do not have the same experience as everyone else does. Our 'perspective' on things does not change how we play.

Ivan_

Professor
Just want to point out on a particular thing in this post.

We staff members do not play the game any differently than the average player does. Our ranks and roles on the server do not give us any privileges in terms of gameplay. Some of us may have contributed to the update, especially those who are in Game Design and the Development team, but that does not mean we do not have the same experience as everyone else does. Our 'perspective' on things does not change how we play.
I was the part of the team before and I can tell you that this isn't true. As a staff you do play the game differently because you have your tasks to do and that takes a lot of your play time, you have the privilege to experience the updates before theyre out to public and give feedback and ideas directly to the developers. The main problem of this whole update is that players had no idea of whats coming. New travel system, gear, new resource pack - those aren't the things that players asked for. And after all , just look at this poll and see what the majority of non-staff players voted for and what the majority of staff voted for ( this isn't the first time I saw this scenario , thats why I asked staff not to vote) - I think we do have a different perspective, and that's my opinion

Ivan_

Professor
I would strongly disagree on this, even high ranked staff get absolutely no privileges at all when it comes to navigation and travel, so when it comes to the context of your argument, I don't believe this is a necessary statement at all, because it's just not true.

I'd like to quote @MattyPoltergeist for this particular issue, I agree with what he said previously on a forum post.
What you see below is all Matty's words

"There are several quick ways to London from Hogsworth :D To name the ones I can think of:

-The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Hidden Things (-112 97), it's a bit awkward to get in atm like this suggestion (https://potterworldmc.com/threads/m...hing-cabinet-more-consistent.4545/#post-44735 . This takes you to Shade Alley

-Hogsend Train Station, (look on the map). You can get to Hogsend quickly with the Wicked Willow, Libary Statue, Boathouse Quest and Room of Refuge Painting. This takes you to Kings Cross.

-Firedust (obviously)

-You can also set your spawn point in London as there are many ways there to get to Hogsworth (I have done this).

Hope this helps"

My response:

I agree with Matty, there are tons of free ways to get around as he mentioned, and I have personally explored a lot of the map without even having to use fire dust.
Those are just another example of non-physical travel methods. Those are handy, but they don't solve the problem of overall travel issue. This is similar to the storage problem. Someone told me that instead of going to my bank vaults I should use /shop. But why should I "cheat" the system and use those "life hacks" while I was able to do those things with no problems before the update? And this isn't about exploration because I already know how London&Bank vaults look like as those didn't change with the update.

I would agree that adding more warps on the warp key bag, would be a great idea regardless. But just not ALL the warps we had previously. That would be too much in my eyes.
Like I said in my suggestion, some warps would be exclusive to the floo network but there would be warps for the warpkey that are necessary and constantly used.

Ivan_

Professor
I voted for the wrong option on this poll (whoops), so I'd just like to clarify my opinion. I think the new travel system is quite interesting and has created a new sense of magic on Potterworld, it's quite fun to fly around on brooms and seeing other players doing so around you - for me anyway it creates more a sense of community and often quite humorous to see groups of students flying around.

I've been a part of this server for a very long time and before the update I never realised just how much I didn't know my way around the map! I've always depended very much on my warp key bag and as a result never payed much attention to exploration, however in the past few days I believe I have seen much more of the map than I have done in many years, and it gives the build team a chance to show off the efforts they've made into providing us with amazing builds. I believe this is a really exciting opportunity for anyone, and in particular it would be for new players who have joined the server as it will truly immerse them in the magical universe, with them being able to manually accommodate themselves with the server, much like Harry Potter did during his first few years at Hogwarts, and use all of the methods of travel from the movies and books as they progress and earn gold.

Currently I'm on the 5th year quests and have yet to use the fireplace network, although travelling by broom is quite slow and laborious at the moment it isn't awful and I'm sure when it's possible to upgrade my broom this will make travel even easier. I've found setting somewhere central on the map like London quite useful as from there it is possible to travel to many of the other locations without too much bother, using some of the free transport systems available. Although I can't think of any, I am sure if there are other convenient transport methods between two locations that are justifiable from Harry Potter lore (like the current suggestion for boat travel between Hogsworth and Hogsend), the developers will be happy to consider these and implement them where feasible.

I also don't have any issues with the 10 minute cooldown on the warp key bag right now as I normally never have to warp somewhere that urgently, however I can see the benefit of allowing someone to set a few more warps around the map and would hope for a feature like this in a future update, purchasable by gold or academic credits. Similar to this, I'd also like to see the option for more inventory space available in the future, and I'm sure the staff are very welcome to suggestions of this sort.
What will happen when you're done with exploring and doing quests? As of right now it's not a problem because a map is big and you always have a new place near you to explore. But after you're done with that you would start to play minigames, go to marketplace, your vaults, housing etc. And then you will either spend lots of gold just to get back to your vault bc you forgot something or you would spend hours on a weekly level just for traveling.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I'm exactly the same as Nyn's opinion on this one - I would recommend changing your poll to have more choices in-between - I'm a "meh" but I do travel - I think it can be improved over time - which the developers will hear everyone's opinions and make relative changes I think.

I would like to say travelling to London from Hogsworth is quick and free - by the Hogsworth Express to London and the Knight Bus around London - I think the change that everyone wants is a Warp to the Castle and then one other allowed warp to set anywhere you want.

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
My poll choice was I hate the travel system. This isnt true. However, I do think fire dust is too expensive and CAN ONLY BE BOUGHT IN HOGSWORTH(yes, this is a big deal). When I travel to london, I usally use fire dust as brooms are too slow(yes, I know the train exists, didnt know it before like most people, and also this applies to other locations). So I wanted to fire dust back. I couldn't. Even though I had all the money to get to Hogsworth, I couldn't because there was no fire dust shop. So I needed to make the long and tedious trip from my warp, Wigtown(middle of map and rp). Even though it was in the middle of the map, it took me at least 5 minuites to get to Hogsworth with a FIREFLASH. I lost valuable gaming time I could have used for a quest for a lot of(200 is a lot for me) gold. This is a HUGE issue in my opinion and should be fixed ASAP. Also, without a broom, going to london will be a litterall NIGHTMARE if you do not know the hogsworth train. Which a lot of people without brooms, DON'T. Also also, brooms are soooo hard to get(if you havent got one pre-revelius) it requires a lot of grinding, which also NEEDS TRAVEL(yes, this is a problem). And if you are saving up for a broom, you probbly wont be able to afford fire dust, and before you even use it, you need to travel there by feet. So my conclusion: Fix travel. Make it less boring, interactive instead of just pressing a single button(W in most cases) on your keyboard(maybe add some events that happen while flying), make map less important(maybe an ingame map)(making a map less important is important because split screen minecraft just sucks and also keep looking at your phone or moniter makes the game less immersive), make more fire dust stores(maybe bring back flo's fire flow(I think that was the name) as a warp back?), and also make fast travel(trains, boats) more known, put signs down, mark it on the map, etc.

Edit: changed making a map less important is important because split screen minecraft just sucks and also keep looking at your phone or moniter makes the game more immersive to making a map less important is important because split screen minecraft just sucks and also keep looking at your phone or moniter makes the game less immersive

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
Generally I approve of fast travel suggestion because I do believe it is an issue and I would be satisfied with any solution that has so far been suggested. Personally though adding back all/most of the old warps is a bit much. I think just making 3-5 warps available once you do a lot of quests would be great and strikes a balance between exploration and boring flying simulator moments while also putting a check to see if you have explored sufficiently to get the warps more then just stumbling into a town. It is great there are a few methods of fast travel between Hogsworth, Hogsend, and London but there are also 16ish other towns that do not have such methods which is why reform (such as this) is necessary.

2nd I would like to say that I agree staff should be more transparent about the changes they make in big updates. We really didn't know a lot of the details that were necessary in order to make an informed opinion until the Q&A in late MAY, less then 3 months away from release. Some features we didn't hear about until after release. For example who decided that all parkour, mazes, and droppers would be deleted from the server for a bit and that when reintroduced would be planted around the world. I quite enjoyed doing mazes and it is frustrating I can't do them right now and that when I do I can't do more then one at once unless I fly thousands of blocks away. Personally I wish they would do polls on stuff like this before they start working so the PLAYERS can make a decision.

Finally I think it is obvious that while many staff may have the same gameplay as normal players they have a different outlook on the gameplay. Many of them play on the server a LOT more then most players and either personally helped make the update or were friends with people who made it. This is something of a conflict of interest and to see why look at this example: When rereading this forum post I can't find any spelling/grammar issues but I am sure that if someone else read this they would be able to spot LOADS. We are both reading the same thing I just have a different perspective, same with staff and Potterworld.

TLDR: Agree with what is being said here with the exception of the readditon of the old warp key bag.

Ivan_

Professor
First of all I will focus on the reasons why the travel system was changed. Staff team wanted to encourage players to explore and "to put more emphasis on physical travel now with the inclusion of the world map". Personally I'm not encouraged to explore, I am totally discouraged to do so. Physical travel takes a long time and isn't so easy , and after all it's not a fun thing to do. The cooldown on the warp key bag is ridiculous, and we can only choose one warp. That just makes me to stay in one place as much as I can. Floo network is extremely expensive. I feel like I'm being forced to explore, and I'm forced to go everywhere by walking. I don't know why the exploration was an issue, people always explored even when we had floo network. And after all, what will happen when people are done with exploring? I'm sure they won't spend thousands of gold to get around the map. They will just try to stay in one place as much as they can. This is a even bigger problem for new players who are the ones who should explore the most. In the Harry Potter universe, most wizards can teleport to most places at any time. Another thing that I don't understand is that staff team wanted to promote physical travel, yet when you go to a phone booth in London, you automatically get teleported to the Ministry / when you right click on the cart in the bank, you automatically get teleported to the bank vaults/ when you go to the bus in front of King's cross you automatically get teleported to a place you chose.
Now I have a suggestion that would still make people want to explore but it would profit you in a long run.
Suggestion - bringing back Warp Key Bags with the old Marauders maps feature. You would have a warp key bag and whenever you discover a new location you would need to finish a quest there in order to get the warp as a reward. This way, you still need to find, explore and finish a quest in that location in order to get the warp. There would be many warps and they wouldn't have a cooldown. Floo network would have some exclusive warps, for example the new towns that you can teleport to from any fireplace using the floo powder that would have a fair price, something that you would pay for so you don't have to walk there from the nearest point where you can get with your warp key bag. I'm sure that people would want to get all the warps, and in order to do that they would have to explore the whole map.
I will make a poll to let the players vote. ATTENTION - I would ask the staff team TO NOT vote on this poll. The reason behind that is that I believe that staff team members have a different perspective and can't truly feel the struggles of an average player
Poll was supposed to have three options - a positive, negative and a neutral option. Maybe I didn't choose the best words to describe them but if you choose the "I hate the travel system" option that means you want it to be changed, if you choose "It's amazing" that means you want it to stay as it is and if you choose the third option you don't mind the current travel system, but you wouldn't mind if it was changed either. If you still don't feel comfortable choosing one option - don't vote and leave a comment about your feelings

Ivan_

Professor
Generally I approve of fast travel suggestion because I do believe it is an issue and I would be satisfied with any solution that has so far been suggested. Personally though adding back all/most of the old warps is a bit much. I think just making 3-5 warps available once you do a lot of quests would be great and strikes a balance between exploration and boring flying simulator moments while also putting a check to see if you have explored sufficiently to get the warps more then just stumbling into a town. It is great there are a few methods of fast travel between Hogsworth, Hogsend, and London but there are also 16ish other towns that do not have such methods which is why reform (such as this) is necessary.

2nd I would like to say that I agree staff should be more transparent about the changes they make in big updates. We really didn't know a lot of the details that were necessary in order to make an informed opinion until the Q&A in late MAY, less then 3 months away from release. Some features we didn't hear about until after release. For example who decided that all parkour, mazes, and droppers would be deleted from the server for a bit and that when reintroduced would be planted around the world. I quite enjoyed doing mazes and it is frustrating I can't do them right now and that when I do I can't do more then one at once unless I fly thousands of blocks away. Personally I wish they would do polls on stuff like this before they start working so the PLAYERS can make a decision.

Finally I think it is obvious that while many staff may have the same gameplay as normal players they have a different outlook on the gameplay. Many of them play on the server a LOT more then most players and either personally helped make the update or were friends with people who made it. This is something of a conflict of interest and to see why look at this example: When rereading this forum post I can't find any spelling/grammar issues but I am sure that if someone else read this they would be able to spot LOADS. We are both reading the same thing I just have a different perspective, same with staff and Potterworld.

TLDR: Agree with what is being said here with the exception of the readditon of the old warp key bag.
Again, what will happen when you are done with exploring? You will want to get to places that you already explored as fastest as you can and I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to do that.

Ivan_

Professor
My poll choice was I hate the travel system. This isnt true. However, I do think fire dust is too expensive and CAN ONLY BE BOUGHT IN HOGSWORTH(yes, this is a big deal). When I travel to london, I usally use fire dust as brooms are too slow(yes, I know the train exists, didnt know it before like most people, and also this applies to other locations). So I wanted to fire dust back. I couldn't. Even though I had all the money to get to Hogsworth, I couldn't because there was no fire dust shop. So I needed to make the long and tedious trip from my warp, Wigtown(middle of map and rp). Even though it was in the middle of the map, it took me at least 5 minuites to get to Hogsworth with a FIREFLASH. I lost valuable gaming time I could have used for a quest for a lot of(200 is a lot for me) gold. This is a HUGE issue in my opinion and should be fixed ASAP. Also, without a broom, going to london will be a litterall NIGHTMARE if you do not know the hogsworth train. Which a lot of people without brooms, DON'T. Also also, brooms are soooo hard to get(if you havent got one pre-revelius) it requires a lot of grinding, which also NEEDS TRAVEL(yes, this is a problem). And if you are saving up for a broom, you probbly wont be able to afford fire dust, and before you even use it, you need to travel there by feet. So my conclusion: Fix travel. Make it less boring, interactive instead of just pressing a single button(W in most cases) on your keyboard(maybe add some events that happen while flying), make map less important(maybe an ingame map)(making a map less important is important because split screen minecraft just sucks and also keep looking at your phone or moniter makes the game less immersive), make more fire dust stores(maybe bring back flo's fire flow(I think that was the name) as a warp back?), and also make fast travel(trains, boats) more known, put signs down, mark it on the map, etc.

Edit: changed making a map less important is important because split screen minecraft just sucks and also keep looking at your phone or moniter makes the game more immersive to making a map less important is important because split screen minecraft just sucks and also keep looking at your phone or moniter makes the game less immersive
Yes - map should definitely be a in game thing.

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
I've been a part of this server for a very long time and before the update I never realised just how much I didn't know my way around the map! I've always depended very much on my warp key bag and as a result never payed much attention to exploration, however in the past few days I believe I have seen much more of the map than I have done in many years, and it gives the build team a chance to show off the efforts they've made into providing us with amazing buil
While I agree that the new system can be good for getting to know the map, I think that previously it was better. I feel like we are being forced to explore, which makes people not want to explore. People play potterworld for different reasons. Some play to roleplay, some play to explore, some play to duel and be the best, and others simply play to chat to everyone and have a good time. With the new system, I feel like our options are being limited to exploring and dueling. It's harder to roleplay (which I explained about in another post) and I preferred the previous travel system, where exploration was encouraged, and rewarded with hidden chests and secrets around the castle and in the world, but not forced on you. People could play how they wanted to play, and some chose to explore, while others were happy to stay in a few places and focus on doing other things. More than anything, I would say that the update limits what players can do. When the staff team talk about how they want each player to have a different style of play in duels, this should extend to the rest of the server. What if you don't want to duel at all? Everyone has a different style and I feel like we're being forced to all have the same one of exploring and dueling.

Awesome_Andy

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Awesome_Andy1234
Raven
While I agree that the new system can be good for getting to know the map, I think that previously it was better. I feel like we are being forced to explore, which makes people not want to explore. People play potterworld for different reasons. Some play to roleplay, some play to explore, some play to duel and be the best, and others simply play to chat to everyone and have a good time. With the new system, I feel like our options are being limited to exploring and dueling. It's harder to roleplay (which I explained about in another post) and I preferred the previous travel system, where exploration was encouraged, and rewarded with hidden chests and secrets around the castle and in the world, but not forced on you. People could play how they wanted to play, and some chose to explore, while others were happy to stay in a few places and focus on doing other things. More than anything, I would say that the update limits what players can do. When the staff team talk about how they want each player to have a different style of play in duels, this should extend to the rest of the server. What if you don't want to duel at all? Everyone has a different style and I feel like we're being forced to all have the same one of exploring and dueling.
I feel like this is very true. If you are only forced to explore, you don’t really want to because it is so repetitive and boring. Also exploring isn’t as rewarding as before. I personally haven’t found anything useful while exploring. And the map exists so why explore? I think the new system just involves following cords from quests and map.

Edit:quest books and map

Ivan_

Professor
Exactly. I can't enjoy the things that I enjoyed before because I'm forced to explore. I can't even duel or fight mobs without getting the gear, and getting gear isn't a easy thing to do, especially with this travel system. I didn't even think of this but they want to make us unique by making all us to do the same thing

Ivan_

Professor
I also think warpkey should be able to be set anywhere like a real sethome. For example you might want to set a mob grind spot as a warp
I don't personally like the idea of sethome, but thats still a better solution than the current system. If they decide to change the travel system to something more similar to my suggestion I don't think this feature would fit in.