DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Where did you get the idea for your in-game name?

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
So yesterday I was watching some old youtube videos on the PotterworldMC youtube channel. About 3 years ago, there was a series named "Meet the Potterwatch Team". They asked some questions about those who were, at that time, in the Potterwatch team. One of the questions was "Where did you get the idea for your in-game name?" There were some pretty creative/original answers to that question so my questions to you is: Where did you get the idea for your in-game name? Is it your realname or a celebrity that you are a fan of? I would really like to get to know the stories about all your in-game names!

ChimpyNut

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ChimpyNut
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Werewolf SPEW
So I will start this of:

A friend of my said that I really should download Minecraft and I really wanted to and I was so excited so I already made a skin for my Minecraft account. On that site where I made my skin I created an account named Around. I really wanted that to by my IGN name but sadly enough it was already been taken. So I needed to come up with an original IGN, I went to a name converter and suddenly I saw ChimpyNut, I've never heard that before and I really liked it so since that day my IGN is ChimpyNut.

Sof

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: oldromantics
Auralock Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I used to see myself as a Serpent (for about a month lol) and came up with the name “Serpentella.” It was so pretty to me and it has stuck ever since! I’ve never seen anyone else use it or anything similar so I’m pretty proud to have such a unique name :D

Max Fireheart

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Maxymoos
Griffin Phoenix
Maxymoos was just one of my nicknames that people called me, and I had been wanting to change it anyway. One of my favorite IGNs though, probably had to be MaxAvocado. I don’t know, just seemed yummy 😂

andreu

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Andyreu
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
I was super into using uwu and owo a few months ago (I would legit use it in every sentence lmfao). so I decided to put that into my username bc i can't do creativity but of course andreuwu was taken (my name is ANDREU in case you didn't know) so I decided to settle with anderuwu.

Last edited:

Rani

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Melioraa
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
So the name Rani actually came from a book I’d wanted since I was little. The book’s name was Rani and the mermaid lagoon (it was a tinkerbell story, so as you can tell, long time ago.) A year or so before I finally got the book my family and I decided to get a new cat, and if we got a girl I gave the idea of naming it Rani. My dad chose the girl kitten, so we named her Rani. That cat is where my original username comes from, Ranikitty. It was a nickname I used for her at one point, and then it just sorta stuck. My currently username, Melioraa, means things will get better. I just got it from the internet :’)

Miss_Strudel

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: Miss_Strudel
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Staff Vampire Werewolf Lead Game Designer SPEW Lead
I usually just tell people that "oh my last name sounds similar to strudel" but here is the FULL story of Miss Strudel. There's this old Christmas movie called Santa Claus is coming to town in which the villain that tries to stop Christmas is "Burger Meister Meister Burger." I have strong opinions on too-early Christmas music and decorations as well as a German last name (that sounds similar to strudel), and so it became a meme in one of my classes that I was "Strudel Meister Meister Strudel." I ended up switching out Meister for Miss because I was insecure about being mistaken for a guy. At 14, my voice was kinda weird and people would accuse me of being a 10 year old boy catfishing and putting "miss" in my tags made sure everyone knew I was in fact a girl. xd

tori/mi laverna

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: httpsmilo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent
About a year ago, I was really into creating myths such, so I created this character Torizelphia. She was basically a queen from Norway. I ended up making her into one of my modern characters and created a whole backstory for her, and she became just Tori. I still remember how much I loved to doodle her onto my tests, so I changed my IGN to that,

Honey_Dwarf1

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Honey_Dwarf1
Phoenix Raven
Mine's probably the most unexciting.
I'm really bad at coming up with names, so my brother did it for me. Originally it was going to be Honey_Dwarf but for some reason that didn't work, so we added a 1 onto the end. I'm still not sure why it didn't work, because I looked on NameMC and there has never been anyone called Honey_Dwarf (aside from me when I changed for a month) so I still don't know why Honey_Dwarf didn't work originally.
Also I'm not a fan of my name but I don't know what to change it to, so it's staying like this unless I come up with something better

Pumpkin

Archivist
Minecraft IGN: Pummpkin_
Dark Follower Raven
Around a year ago, I used to do some drama classes. I had to be this character called Pumpkin and he was just so amazing and I love everything about it. I decided to make my name Pumpkin.

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
Zmiya is Bulgarian for snake, and when I first came up with the name, I was a Karkaroff. Then Zed and I started calling each other Zmooya and Zedmoor, so I changed my name to Zmooya as Zmiya was taken. :D

Keira :D

Professor
Minecraft IGN: ohBelle_
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven Vampire
Here is the "exciting" story of Keira Fireheart. A month or two before I got my nick, I was invited into the Fireheart's (Thank You Max! :heart:) and it took a lot of convinced, but I finally got a nick and I always loved the name Keira, and I never saw anyone else have it so I took it and yeah. PandaPaws88 came from my love of pandas, and PandaPaws8 was taken, so I added another 8

Zadanthalion

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: ZADANeth
Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix
So yesterday I was watching some old youtube videos on the PotterworldMC youtube channel. About 3 years ago, there was a series named "Meet the Potterwatch Team". They asked some questions about those who were, at that time, in the Potterwatch team. One of the questions was "Where did you get the idea for your in-game name?" There were some pretty creative/original answers to that question so my questions to you is: Where did you get the idea for your in-game name? Is it your realname or a celebrity that you are a fan of? I would really like to get to know the stories about all your in-game names!
I actually got my name waaaaay back when I first started playing online MMOs. I was creating a character and just playing around with the generator and editing what came out until I came out with Adenthalion - but the name was taken so I thought about it for a while and really wanted that cadense to be in the name still so I popped on a Z and made it Zadanthalion which worked. Haha. Shortly I became one of the best hunters on the server, and everyone called me "Zadan," so when I made new characters I would just use Zadan as the surname and add on an ending. My main was always Zadanthalion on every game I played but I'd go on to Zadanwolf, Zadandrogo, Zadanstorm, Zadanthrandir, all kinds of variations.

xxXperteXxx

Magician
Minecraft IGN: xxXperteXxx
Auralock Serpent
When I decided to change my minecraft name, I had an idea, which I think is pretty funny: If you read xxXperteXxx out loudly, it's like ex ex experte ex ex ex. "Experte" is the german word for "expert". Putting a couple of x's in front and after someone's IGN is often done, I don't know why to be honest. But I think my name is a pretty funny combination of this x-IGN-thing and the word "expert". Now I use this name everywhere on the Internet, even if I'm new to something, so things I'm definetly not an expert for.

💎 Lizzie 💎

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: ffestivelizzie
Honeybadger
Hehehe. This makes me smile.

So, about a while back (in August), I changed my username from lizbug5 (which I had since I was 9) to ffestivelizzie (5 years later :ROFLMAO:), because in real life, I consider myself festive, joyful, and happy. (and because I was getting tired of my old username, as it was "childish" to me) I wanted to keep my actual name, because I don't really like when people call me different things other than Lizzie, Liz or even my actual name, Elizabeth, and BOOM! That is how "The Festive Child" was born. :D

Sunnya

Professor
Minecraft IGN: Sunnya
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
My name is actually Sunnya in real life, so I thought it would just be easier to make it my IGN as well! :heart: Love this thread by the way! It's nice seeing how everyone's IGNs came to be.

Nicolas.V

Graduate
Minecraft IGN: Nic30
Auralock Dark Follower Serpent
my name irl is Nicola it is an italian name so i prefered to put Nicolas and my surname Crestello thanks to joel
for my ign DART_NIC in reality my IGN is LordNic30 but i don't change it because i sometime play on SP server but for DART_NIC my idea was from my fav pg in 2016 Darth vader and Nic from Nicola
if we talk about LordNic30 Lord Courtesy prefix Nic Nicola and 30 because LordNic arleady exist soo i add 30 my month day born

Last edited: