DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Call to all Store Traders... [The New Value of Gold]

What is the Value of Gold? (Per Dollar) Please state more precise amounts in comments!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
Eh IMO this thread is justified as a free market system breaks down if an appropriate evaluation of value does not take place. If the market can't make good judgments of a fair trade, then a system breaks down and demand will be overshot or undershot (Right now it is incredibly unfufiled)

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Joe_Magus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Eh IMO this thread is justified as a free market system breaks down if an appropriate evaluation of value does not take place. If the market can't make good judgments of a fair trade, then a system breaks down and demand will be overshot or undershot (Right now it is incredibly unfufiled)
Agree completely, this is also about maybe increasing the amount of store traders and fulfilling more of these overlooked store trades people keep on asking for in trade chat also. I think in all it would be a massive improvement not only for store traders, but people wanting store trades and the server store itself!

Salmandingo

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Salmandingo
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
I would disagree with this to be honest. Although the quests give a lot of gold, and although getting gold is "easier" now, this gold is very temporary. The gold you get from quests can look huge at first but the amount of gold you'd need to get gear and reset and get gear again everytime you go up a year takes up soooooo much gold.

Gear and the new brooms are a vacuum that sucks up all the gold that we had before and even though I don't mind that, after you finish all your quests and get the graduate gear and good brooms, the process of getting gold becomes soooooo difficult. The minigames were not updated to give more gold, the gold to AC ratio i still 1:10, the voting token to gold ratio is still 180:100, etc...

Sure, the Graduates pre revelius that already had the best broom and tens of thousands of saved up gold and all 30 spell points and hundreds of ACs are gonna find no problem with this, but for post-revelius players it's extremely difficult to save up gold and in order to progress they would have to keep spending.

In my opinion, the store trade ratio should stay the same because after you've spent all your gold getting the revelius essentials, you'd be left with nothing and would struggle so much to get more and I have several pending suggestions on increasing the amount of gold to get from the things I mentioned above, and I do believe gold pre-revelius was much easier to get. The best broom was 2,000 gold only, and you could get more than 1000 gold per day doing chest runs. Now that this is gone, and revelius sucked all the gold from the economy, I don't believe the store trade ratio should change, but then again this is just my take and people are free to choose whatever ratio they like. Just looking at it from a statistical point of view.

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
The point is that a set "value" of dollars in terms of gold (or vice versa) is completely and utterly imaginary. A store trade is based on 2 factors: what the store trader wants to receive per dollar and what the player who wants something from the store is willing to pay for the store item. If both parties agree on a value that is below your idea of what gold is worth in terms of dollars, then nothing happens. The world doesn't implode, the server doesn't stop working, the economy isn't lost and both parties leave the store trade satisfied.

I simply don't really see a point in this thread. If a store trader wants more than the "usual" 1k/$ but a player doesn't want to pay that, then it's bad luck peanut butter, but that's on the player and not on the store trader; the store trader has every right to ask for more. However, if there are also other store traders around that do want to buy something for the 1k/$ rate, then I see no problem in that either. Overall, I think it's the store trader's responsibility what they ask for their store trade and so I think it's their responsibility to know the ins and outs of the current economy. I therefore don't think it's justified to make this thread in order to "determine" what the price for store trades should be, because quite frankly, store traders should be free to decide that for themselves.
I disagree with this. The issue is that the two parties are not negotiating a fair price, the person that wants the store trade has a mentality that 1k=1$ and thinks that anything other than that is unfair. The purpose of this thread is to change that mentality.

Volt

Magician
Minecraft IGN: Volt4
Griffin Phoenix
In my opinion, the store trade ratio should stay the same because after you've spent all your gold getting the revelius essentials, you'd be left with nothing and would struggle so much to get more and I have several pending suggestions on increasing the amount of gold to get from the things I mentioned above, and I do believe gold pre-revelius was much easier to get. The best broom was 2,000 gold only, and you could get more than 1000 gold per day doing chest runs. Now that this is gone, and revelius sucked all the gold from the economy, I don't believe the store trade ratio should change, but then again this is just my take and people are free to choose whatever ratio they like. Just looking at it from a statistical point of view.
I believe that gold is easier to get now than ever. I can average 1-2k per hour grinding mobs by selling materials and recipes.

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
I disagree with this. The issue is that the two parties are not negotiating a fair price, the person that wants the store trade has a mentality that 1k=1$ and thinks that anything other than that is unfair. The purpose of this thread is to change that mentality.
Agree to disagree, but surely that's the responsibility of the store trader? If they want more than the usual 1k per dollar, and whoever wants a store item doesn't want to pay that, then the latter doesn't get their required store item, so it's their problem, not the store trader's.

If enough store traders want more then the mentality changes itself, a forum thread isn't going to change that.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I would disagree with this to be honest. Although the quests give a lot of gold, and although getting gold is "easier" now, this gold is very temporary. The gold you get from quests can look huge at first but the amount of gold you'd need to get gear and reset and get gear again everytime you go up a year takes up soooooo much gold.
Would have to disagree based solely on the difference in my balance pre-revelius to now post-revelius after only 2 weeks. Sal... I've made like 350k in 2 weeks man. I don't need to store trade. Especially for 1k a $! It's so blatantly obvious that the value is no longer 1000 Gold and hasn't been even before revelius!

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Agree to disagree, but surely that's the responsibility of the store trader? If they want more than the usual 1k per dollar, and whoever wants a store item doesn't want to pay that, then the latter doesn't get their required store item, so it's their problem, not the store trader's.
1 Store Trader can't do that alone - that's why the thread is called "Calling all Store Traders" - cause it's meant to provoke a mutual agreement maybe? you get it yeh?

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
I agree that this thread likely won't change that, but its a good place to start a discussion (as we are doing now) :)
Volts got it spot on!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
1 Store Trader can't do that alone - that's why the thread is called "Calling all Store Traders" - cause it's meant to provoke a mutual agreement maybe?
You think all store traders actively read the forums? Because I don't think so. Again, mentality will only change when store traders are actively applying a new exchange rate in-game, shouting from the forums isn't going to actively change that.

Also

Maybe stop being so condescending towards people that don't fully agree with you? I never even disagreed with you on the notion that the rate should increase, but just because I criticise the existence of this thread, you find it necessary to start acting all condescending towards me?

Agree, regretted posting it but there is no remove button on here! :) sorry, but the point is made still. This came prior to people voting on the thread without even reading it's intentions also. Again apologies to Roman
You apologise for naming and shaming someone who simply votes for a poll option that you don't agree with, but quite frankly, I don't really think you're being sincere when only moments later you say this:

I am sorry for pointing out Roman earlier, but anyone who is genuinely voting 1000-1499 isn't playing on the same server, and I'm really surprised at some of the names.
How can you expect to be taken seriously after apologising for something you repeat shortly after apologising?! Some people just disagree with you on the notion that the rate should increase, and quite frankly, they are free to disagree. Sal for instance came out with his disagreement and gave quite a number of interesting points on the matter. As stated before, I disagree with Sal on this but surely that would be no reason to act all condescending towards him, or anyone else for that matter, just because they have a different view on this matter?

It's so blatantly obvious that the value is no longer 1000 Gold and hasn't been even before revelius!
Something that is your opinion isn't "blatantly obvious", other people can disagree. An opinion is never obvious, people can disagree for all sorts of reasons and quite frankly, it doesn't really help your thread if you're going to act so rudely towards everyone who disagrees with you even in the smallest of ways.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
You think all store traders actively read the forums?
No thats why I've been advertising this on the server and on discord.

Maybe stop being so condescending towards people that don't fully agree with you? I never even disagreed with you on the notion that the rate should increase, but just because I criticise the existence of this thread, you find it necessary to start acting all condescending towards me?
I simply don't really see a point in this thread
Just checking you got the point - you seemed to not understand why I was even on here.

I don't really think you're being sincere when only moments later you say this
but anyone who is genuinely voting 1000-1499 isn't playing on the same server, and I'm really surprised at some of the names.
A completelety viable statement - because anyone who thinks that that is the value of gold - musn't be playing on the same server xD

How can you expect to be taken seriously after apologising for something you repeat shortly after apologising?!
Didn't repeat what I did, again made a totally viable statement.

Sal for instance came out with his disagreement and gave quite a number of interesting points on the matter. As stated before, I disagree with Sal on this but surely that would be no reason to act all condescending towards him, or anyone else for that matter, just because they have a different view on this matter?
Sal and many others have spoken on here and have all received professional replies - I shouldn't have done what I did earlier with roman - was childish of me. You seem to be here to argue about things irrelevant to the actual thread. So can we please take this to inbox if you would like to continue rather than destroying a thread?

Something that is your opinion isn't "blatantly obvious", other people can disagree. An opinion is never obvious, people can disagree for all sorts of reasons and quite frankly, it doesn't really help your thread if you're going to act so rudely towards everyone who disagrees with you even in the smallest of ways.
Sorry let me extend that then - Blatantly obvious to me, so maybe that's why I'm so flabbergasted that so many people have the opinion that they do. We are all here respecting opinions and like I said when Sal gave his opinion (about the actual reason for the thread) he was met with a reply (about the thread).

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
No thats why I've been advertising this on the server and on discord.

Just checking you got the point - you seemed to not understand why I was even on here.

A completelety viable statement - because anyone who thinks that that is the value of gold - musn't be playing on the same server xD

Didn't repeat what I did, again made a totally viable statement.

Sal and many others have spoken on here and have all received professional replies - I shouldn't have done what I did earlier with roman - was childish of me. You seem to be here to argue about things irrelevant to the actual thread. So can we please take this to inbox if you would like to continue rather than destroying a thread?

Sorry let me extend that then - Blatantly obvious to me, so maybe that's why I'm so flabbergasted that so many people have the opinion that they do. We are all here respecting opinions and like I said when Sal gave his opinion (about the actual reason for the thread) he was met with a reply (about the thread).
You have come here from the start and
criticise[d] the existence of this thread
taking the attention off of what I made the thread about and have even said yourself you agree with it, but never gave your opinion on that. You came into this with the wrong head looking for an argument because of how I acted with Roman - and like I said, that was my bad.

I'd like to apologise if that's the way I have come across - Anxiety ect. gets me agitated and worked up easily, I apologise if you think I've intended to argue with you, but my point is you aren't even here to talk about the thread - just to criticise it.

Last edited:

Nyn

Professor
Minecraft IGN: xNyn
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Okay a more "serious" reply from me this time :)

In my opinion 1k-1.5k is fine as inflation happens and that, but as Sal said getting these large amounts of gold is only temporary. Basically I think it's up to the person who is PAYING to decide what the ratio is. If the person paying gold think's it's fair and pays the gold the person paying the money wants, I don't see an issue at all. You can charge whatever price/ratio you want, but people will always go with the cheaper person if they find one, it's just common sense imo.

You can say what you want, try to persuade people to agree with you, but the opposing side has their own opinions and points.

Also this thread's replies seem to becoming more of an argument, so maybe try not to come across as this "aggressive" in your messages - I know nobody intends to but it can seem that way lol

TallBlondeDude

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: TallBlondeDude
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf

In my opinion 1k-1.5k is fine as inflation happens and that, but as Sal said getting these large amounts of gold is only temporary. Basically I think it's up to the person who is PAYING to decide what the ratio is. If the person paying gold think's it's fair and pays the gold the person paying the money wants, I don't see an issue at all. You can charge whatever price/ratio you want, but people will always go with the cheaper person if they find one, it's just common sense imo.

You can say what you want, try to persuade people to agree with you, but the opposing side has their own opinions and points.

Also this thread's replies seem to becoming more of an argument, so maybe try not to come across as this "aggressive" in your messages - I know nobody intends to but it can seem that way lol
While what you and sal brought up about gold being a short term burst is true, it doesn't change the fundamental issue of the demand for gold being low. Once people get their cash stack, buy a broom and decent gear (Unless you are going pure legendaries, it can be done quite economical), there really isn't much left to spend gold on. Before rev, professions used to be the huge money sink that endgame players could poor tens of thousands on, now it's just collectibles (And that market is dwindling too, as people don't need gold and in turn don't sell collectibles). In my years of playing, I've seen a pretty strong trend between events/activities that demand gold (Think Halloween even during the 5th ani event where the gold to USD was all the way to 750 gold:1). In summary, the demand for gold is far outpaced by the demand for store trades, especially in comparison to pre rev. Does that mean no store trades are happening for 1k? No, there is still some demand for gold even at that rate, but at the same time, all demand for store trades won't be fulfilled until the rate rises.

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW

I have agreed with all of this :) and idk where your quote "aggressive"(Ready or likely to attack or confront; characterized by or resulting from aggression. ) came from? I said agitated (feeling or appearing troubled or nervous. ) Two completely different emotions. I also said in my last reply if this was to continue to do it in inbox.

Honestly - I said it a while back - I have seen the common consensus - and I won't be doing store trades. That's all I wanted to know :)

Last edited:

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
While what you and sal brought up about gold being a short term burst is true, it doesn't change the fundamental issue of the demand for gold being low. Once people get their cash stack, buy a broom and decent gear (Unless you are going pure legendaries, it can be done quite economical), there really isn't much left to spend gold on. Before rev, professions used to be the huge money sink that endgame players could poor tens of thousands on, now it's just collectibles (And that market is dwindling too, as people don't need gold and in turn don't sell collectibles). In my years of playing, I've seen a pretty strong trend between events/activities that demand gold (Think Halloween even during the 5th ani event where the gold to USD was all the way to 750 gold:1). In summary, the demand for gold is far outpaced by the demand for store trades, especially in comparison to pre rev. Does that mean no store trades are happening for 1k? No, there is still some demand for gold even at that rate, but at the same time, all demand for store trades won't be fulfilled until the rate rises.
A good point to make on this one is - imagine you want to get a Thunderflash (buying all the materials and making it) and you are a store trader - that would mean store trading $78+ :') Swings and roundabouts really - noone wants to spend $78 on a broom :)

Yumei Fireheart

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: VetMedYumei
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I'm very disappointed to read this part.
but anyone who actually thinks that the value is still 1k/$ is kidding themselves :')
They are not kidding themselves. Few of the store traders are just helping other players out by doing 1k/$ rate. I get your point that changing the mentality or thoughts about the rate but in the end. It is all depends on the store trader. They can raise the rate if they want, they can lower it if they want, its their choice. No need raise the trade rate or make a fuss about it. If you want to raise your rates in store trading then its fine. No one is stopping you.

Like @nathan1e said,
surely that's the responsibility of the store trader? If they want more than the usual 1k per dollar, and whoever wants a store item doesn't want to pay that, then the latter doesn't get their required store item, so it's their problem, not the store trader's.
And also @Nyn Gregorovitch,
Basically I think it's up to the person who is PAYING to decide what the ratio is. If the person paying gold think's it's fair and pays the gold the person paying the money wants, I don't see an issue at all. You can charge whatever price/ratio you want, but people will always go with the cheaper person if they find one.
So this might clear things up! No need to change it since in the end it all depends on what the store trader want. 😊
--------------
Also, Sal's reply has a point. It's still hard to earn gold right now. (˘・_・˘) Whenever I ascend to new year or level my gold always vanished like -POOF- because of the gears and upgrades. Idk how you can earn 350k gold in 2 weeks but not everyone can do that. I've been playing and grinding for the average of 20hrs per day and I can't even reach 100k gold in a week or 2. Maybe because you are a graduate, but not all of us are graduates. Maybe because you sell stuffs in shop, not all of us can sell tons of cool stuffs.

Anyway no hate only love ❤❤❤ Please don't be rude or something in other people's opinion or thoughts.
✌🏼( •̀ ω •́ )

Joe_Magus

Animorphus
Dark Follower Raven SPEW
Yumie - if you have read the thread up to here, you should know to continue this in inbox if you would like too.

For the stuff that is on topic - Yes I have agreed its up to the store trader but as you've said youself the post it to try and kickstart a change in opinion as a whole. It can't be done if nothing is said. That was the aim of the post - and now people seem to be jumping on the off topic posts.

The way I express things such "you must be kidding yourself" isn't intended to be rude about other peoples opinions - but to add emotion to the sentence meaning only "You can't really believe that, no?" - If I had said that would it of been taken in the same offence? cause it means the same thing - I think what's happening here is things are being read how they weren't intended and I find I'm giving my opinion and people are disagreeing and I'm replying with good reasons and if I disagree with other peoples opinion I am then the one in the wrong for it :')

Little note in the difference of value money (based on your last post and sals and nyns)- When I started the server - I spent weeks grinding for a 2k Broom.... You wouldn't do that now.

Also I'm not a graduate - only on the forums.

But regardless, leave this thread now - it has answered many questions for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.