DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Gameplay Patches & Improvements [November 20th, 2020]

xAutumnn

Magician
Minecraft IGN: xAutumnn
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Raven VIP

Over the past few weeks, we have been slowly adding improvements & patches into the game! This announcement will go over everything that was changed.

Dueling Halls and Spell Trees
Upon high request, we have added a healing option in Dueling Halls, so you no longer have to switch worlds. You can heal yourself in any arena after accepting a confirmation, the healing option will be on cooldown for 25 seconds upon use. There is also a healing option at the Arena Selector, that will go on a 10 second cooldown upon use.

We have changed the cost for resetting spell trees from 50 Academic Credits to 100 Gold. We hope you enjoy easily testing different builds for your spell trees now!

Fire Dust Network
We have added a Fire Dust Network to Haggleton! You can now warp to other locations from Haggleton inside one of the huts at [2406 44 3844].

With this, we have also added Haggleton to the list of locations you can warp to using the Fire Dust Network! You can now warp to Haggleton via any Fire Dust Network (besides the one in Haggleton of course).

Scarlett/Help NPCs/Other
We have made slight changes and improvements to how Scarlett works! Scarlett now has white particles, with a 'Help' tag underneath her name! Scarlett will now give you an explanation on how to get to specific locations on Hogsworth Grounds! She will no longer simply teleport you to locations.

You will also now see some Student NPCs around Hogsworth with the same white particles and 'Help' tag that will give you dialog that lets you know if you're near one of the key locations in Hogsworth. These NPCs will help you figure out if you're on the right path to a location!

The Voting Shop NPC has also been moved to the Trophy room, so it's easier to find.

1psaonly

Dragonologist
Minecraft IGN: 1psaonly
Dark Follower Serpent
omg thank you for this update!!! i can tell every time a gameplay patch is release that the staff really cares about the players in the potterworld community!!! thank you so much for this!!! i love the potterworld staff, and i love potterworld especially!!

Somnambulist

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Psycho
Phoenix Raven Werewolf
Scarlett/Help NPCs/Other
We have made slight changes and improvements to how Scarlett works! Scarlett now has white particles, with a 'Help' tag underneath her name! Scarlett will now give you an explanation on how to get to specific locations on Hogsworth Grounds! She will no longer simply teleport you to locations.
This isn't an improvement... I think it would make players a bit confused due to the long-winded, block of text in most of the descriptions. The player would either have to screenshot what's in the description or write it down, but no one has time for that. Why did you guys decide to downgrade Scarlett? Encourage exploration? They can do that after they finish the quests that they want to finish.

Some of the descriptions mention the Grand Staircase and I have noticed before that some players would ask "Where is the Grand Staircase?" The staircase itself isn't labeled or has a sign when you're walking toward it from the Great Hall. Maybe add a sign somewhere around there.

Why not add both the teleport and descriptions to Scarlett so players aren't forced to explore the school which is 95% filled with corridors anyway.

Ivan_

Professor
Minecraft IGN: _Navyy
Auralock Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf
I feel like only a big change can fix the Travel issue. One NPC and one new warp seems like a lazy and not creative way of making people think that the travel system is being improved, while in reality those changes are so small that they make almost no difference. Recently, potterworld gained a lot of new players who dont know how travel used to work but to all of us that are here for a longer period of time, travel change seems so unnecessary and it ruined the overall experience for many of us. Ive talked about this problem many times, Ive gotten the support from other players, many other people are complaining about it everyday in chat, new players are confused and Im sure many of them left because they didnt know what to do and where to go... I made polls, suggestions, comments.. Ive talked to staff in game who couldnt explain the reasons of changing the travel system. But still, no big changes are made. So Im asking, what does it take to change this? I would really like to talk to the person who came with the idea of changing the travel system so I can atleast understand the reasons behind it.