DISCLAIMER: Potterworld or Droobledore LLC is not in any way affiliated with Mojang AB, J.K. Rowling, Warner Brothers or any company, copyright or trademark.
PotterworldMC PotterworldMC PotterworldMC

Remove/Change Wiz PE

Should we remove Wiz PE or fix the map difficulty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello.

I think Wiz PE should be removed for obvious reasons. It is hard. VERY HARD. People come to play on a harry potter server to attend actual harry potter classes, NOT PARKOUR. These parkour courses are literally made so that the above average person at parkour (like me) can not finish it. Every single course has weird jumps like 4 block ice soul sand jumps which is extremely difficult. The courses are literally designed to be hard so that you will stay longer on the server.

Now, if the staff at potterworld for some reason wants to keep this horrible class then atleast for the love of god make the courses easier. Is that too much to ask? Every time I join a queue for a Wiz PE class I am just filled with rage after about 500 attempts on the same overly complicated jump. That is not fun. All classes should be fun. Not designed to make you suffer for only a small amount of 20 ac if you finish and 10 ac if you for some reason stayed the entire way through.

Here is one of the overly difficult jumps that suck.
2020-10-14_11.51.39.png

Man I do love these soul sand + packed ice head hitters. So enjoyable and fun to parkour on! Keep in mind that these are literally EVERY SINGLE JUMP.

Keep in mind those are the hardest jumps. Meanwhile on level 1 and 2 new players are still stuck trying to do the same fence parkour ladder 360 jump. The Wiz PE chat is just full of people raging and simply not enjoying it. I myself can actually pass those jumps and get to the final level that is so hard for no reason. It makes me and countless other people just rage quit from the server.

PLEASE REMOVE IT OR FIX THE MAPS!

And I forgot to add, but literally 1 or 2 people only finish the course per class. THAT IS OUT OF 80 PEOPLE. That is a 2.5% finish rate!

luckiestblock

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: luckiestblock
Honeybadger
I am not a fan of wizpe but some people do like it. After all why would graduates and other high lvl players keep attending them? If they were statically less popular then the other classes then I would see why they should be removed or changes should be made but currently I see just the opposite, more people attend them in my experience then other typical notes classes. I would say that if you do not like them to just simply not attend them, there are always more classes!

Last edited:
I am not a fan of wizpe but some people do like it. After all why would graduates and other high lvl players keep attending them? If they were statically less popular then the other classes then I would see why they should be removed but currently I see just the opposite, more people attend them in my experience then other typical notes classes. I would say that if you do not like them to just simply not attend them, there are always more classes!
Yep. I honestly enjoy parkour but its just frustrating when its too hard to complete. I just want them to make it so that it is actually enjoyable and more people can finish.

Kate

Animorphus
Staff
Minecraft IGN: TbhKate_
Auralock Dark Follower Staff Griffin Phoenix Vampire Werewolf Discord Moderator SPEW Sr. Game Designer
Hey, thanks for your suggestion. I do have to agree with @luckiestblock on this one, WizPE is actually a very popular class, and completely removing it would be disappointing for not only the students that attend it, but also the Professors that enjoy teaching it. Instead of suggesting removing the class entirely, perhaps you would enjoy the class if easier WizPE maps were introduced? Just a thought. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Zmiya

Notable Magician
Minecraft IGN: Zmiy
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire VIP Werewolf SPEW
As a Wizard PE Professor, I would be extremely disappointed to see it go! I know that a lot of students enjoy it and regardless, if you don't enjoy it, then you're not required to attend. If it helps, I've redesigned Wizard's PE that a lot of Professors are also using that reward the students with MORE ACs per class, because you guys deserve them!

On the Whale course, you get +1 ACs for reaching 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, then +5 for finishing.

On the Colours course, you get +1 ACs for reaching stage 3, 4, 5, then +2 for 6, then +5 for finishing.

On the Story course, you get +1 ACs for reaching stage 3, 6, 8, the +2 for 12, and +5 for finishing.

On the Wipeout course, you get +1 ACs for reaching stage 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, then +5 for finishing.

If you finish any course, you get 20 ACs, if you finish another, you get +5 again, so 25 ACs!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
If you don't like it don't join it.
this is what i think every single time i see people complaining in wizPE class chat, like, if this is really so bad, there's nobody stopping you if you want to do something else with your time

like sure, falling down can be a big bummer, especially if you've tried a jump several times already but if that is so annoying that you can't enjoy the class anymore, it's not the fault of the class, you might want to take some time to work on your anger management

(EDIT: also the stuff zmiya said is a big improvement I think, you get rewarded for the things you can do so even if you're not the best or don't enjoy it you still can get a bigger reward for your efforts)

Llama

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: iSpitLikeALlama
Auralock Griffin Werewolf
Hello.

I think Wiz PE should be removed for obvious reasons. It is hard. VERY HARD. People come to play on a harry potter server to attend actual harry potter classes, NOT PARKOUR. These parkour courses are literally made so that the above average person at parkour (like me) can not finish it. Every single course has weird jumps like 4 block ice soul sand jumps which is extremely difficult. The courses are literally designed to be hard so that you will stay longer on the server.

Now, if the staff at potterworld for some reason wants to keep this horrible class then atleast for the love of god make the courses easier. Is that too much to ask? Every time I join a queue for a Wiz PE class I am just filled with rage after about 500 attempts on the same overly complicated jump. That is not fun. All classes should be fun. Not designed to make you suffer for only a small amount of 20 ac if you finish and 10 ac if you for some reason stayed the entire way through.

Here is one of the overly difficult jumps that suck. View attachment 876
Man I do love these soul sand + packed ice head hitters. So enjoyable and fun to parkour on! Keep in mind that these are literally EVERY SINGLE JUMP.

Keep in mind those are the hardest jumps. Meanwhile on level 1 and 2 new players are still stuck trying to do the same fence parkour ladder 360 jump. The Wiz PE chat is just full of people raging and simply not enjoying it. I myself can actually pass those jumps and get to the final level that is so hard for no reason. It makes me and countless other people just rage quit from the server.

PLEASE REMOVE IT OR FIX THE MAPS!
Fair, but people like it,

Mallaidh

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: scarvlover
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Werewolf
I was in class with you when you were complaining, and I think I can give an alternate viewpoint from your own from this same class.
1) The course was wipeout.
It is the hardest course - it is meant to be hard, it is rarely chosen and it is not a fair judgement for every wizards PE map.
2) You were rude to the professor and class helpers.
During the class, you were rude to Sophia and Hannah multiple times and when the final trivia question was about Hannah, you complained that it was rigged and it wasn't fair to Sophia and Hannah.

If you had a problem, I suggest you msg Sophia or whatever professor you have politely and they will be happy to discuss it with you.
3) WizPE is not
literally designed to be hard so that you will stay longer on the server
You made the same point during the lesson, and we tried to correct you and tell you this was an inaccurate statement. There is no benefit for a wizpe course making you stay longer in the server.

If you can name one benefit to you staying longer on the server during a wizpe class for 45 minutes, I will believe all of your claims here. But, the server does not earn money based on how many minutes you spend which seems to be what you're implying, and I doubt that staying that 45minutes in wizpe will make you buy stuff from the store which is how the server makes money.

You are not obliged to go to wizpe, either.

4)
Wiz PE chat is just full of people raging and simply not enjoying it
The chat in our class was very toxic - it was full of spammers. Basically, one person spammed so everyone else thought it was okay to do the same. Howeever, if I remember correctly, you were 100% adding to this toxicity. The more people do it, the quicker it spreads that its okay to be toxic and 'rage' in this chat.

Cate

Librarian
Minecraft IGN: Cateo
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent Vampire Werewolf
As someone who doesn’t enjoy parkour, I just simply don’t attend the classes, I mostly only go for the chat as there can be so many good conversations. But I know many who deeply love WizPE. Let alone, the furthest I’ve ever gone in a course is too stage 6, which was surprising (also on that time, I won a trivia skip). But primarily I only get to stage 2/3.

Maybe an alternative can be made! Where in every class there is an easy and a hard parkour. For those who like parkour will do the hard, for those like me who dislike parkour would do the easy one. Then with this case, the easy one will give 7 hp to the winner, then the hard one 10 hp!

There’s many options of WizPE that can be done to make it more fair, but simply; if you don’t like the class, you are not obligated to attend.

hope that makes sense!

nathan1e

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: nathan1e
Honeybadger Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Vampire Werewolf SPEW
Maybe an alternative can be made! Where in every class there is an easy and a hard parkour. For those who like parkour will do the hard, for those like me who dislike parkour would do the easy one. Then with this case, the easy one will give 7 hp to the winner, then the hard one 10 hp!
I disagree with this notion. Personally I like how wizPE is currently set up, where everyone attempts the same course and is rewarded based on how far they got in that same course.

I feel like adding more difficulties to the same class kinda defeats that purpose. Players would no longer have to attempt the course that everyone else is attempting, but can just attempt whichever course best suits them. This, to me, removes the challenging part of the class, which I think it should have. And in turn, removing the challenge is what I think will eventually lead to the removal of fun. This may seem counter-intuitive based on the original post, but I believe the feeling of euphoria felt when completing a difficult task after spending a lot of time on it is much better than the feeling of relief when not having to do said difficult task.

I think that the optional difficulties are best at where they're now, in the permanent parkours. But well, that's just how I see it.

zara

New Magician
Minecraft IGN: zeeemoney
Auralock Dark Follower Phoenix Serpent SPEW
honestly if you don’t like the classes just don’t go, i’m terrible at parkour and i personally just go for the conversations in chat. and if there’s a specific part that u get stuck on you can also ask a helper to demonstrate for u. wizpe is like one of the only open chat classes so that’s why i like them. they’re not going to remove it as it’s one of the most popular classes so if u think it should b removed just don’t go and only go to writing classes or flying and dueling or smtn and also adding easier courses wouldn’t help you to win bc the players that are good at parkour would just speed through it so in my opinion that’s a bit of a waste for just 5 extra ac

Last edited:

aaron ♡

Animorphus
Minecraft IGN: Aarooncia
Auralock Dark Follower Griffin Vampire Werewolf
(Yes, I know the user already deleted their account but just in case they happen to see this)
If you find WizPE so miserable, don’t join it, the server shouldn’t have to delete something a lot of people love just because a some people hate it. Class design has been working super hard lately to make WizPE more tolerable and efficient, and eliminating the class doesn’t make it seem appreciated.